Saturday, January 25, 2014

Celebrating the NEW!!!

Hi Blog Friends!

It's time for another Timeless Tuesday Challenge at Flourishes!
Here's the Challenge: 

You can find out more about this challenge here:
http://flourishes.org/2014/01/timeless-tuesday-255-in-with-the-new/#comments


 To Celebrate something new, I'm celebrating FLOURISHES NEW STAMPS & DIES, PLUS...!!!!
With this challenge coming right after Christmas, I'm in luck!!! LOL
 Guess what "Santa," (Ally-from Flourishes) sent me? A NEW Flourishes Stamp Set! This is the first time I've used this set! AND my SWEET HUBBY made it a "Flourishes Christmas" for me too, so it all helps!!!!

 So, with this card I've combined Flourishes- Old Tea Rose Stamp Set & Flourishes Hour Glass Die, Flourishes Tiny Flowers & Tags Stamp Set along with another Flourishes Die- Classic Tags!

It was SUPER FUN because I used a NEW fold or design for my card too- I made a
 "Tent Topper Card!"
You can find the directions over at SCS!

Take a look & I'll tell you what else is NEW:
 I used one of the sentiments from this set, on the outside behind the main image, on the blue paper--
"Where beauty blooms, hopes flourish."

Notice my NEW Classic Hourglass Template Die? I LOVE the paper piercing that it automatically does! I added  a little paper piercing on the bottom & top of the image too. Do you see it? 

I did an "Out of the box" technique when I stamped & cut the image! I also did some masking when I Airbrushed the background with a copic marker. The other thing I did NEW?
 I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers, water coloring the image! I've been working on collecting these markers using those 40% off coupons from Hobby Lobby & Michael's!
 They aren't too bad of a deal when you use those coupons!
 Two more sets to go!

Inside:
Here you can see another of the sentiments from this set! I thought it quite a lovely sentiment! 

Supplies not mentioned above:
KCompany-Life's Journey- Designer paper
Ribbon
Becca's Bow Maker
Glue Dots
Dimensionals
SU- Festive Paper-Piercing Pack-to get the curved paper piercing on the main image
Artist Water Color Brush like an Aquarelle
Memento Ink

CAN'T WAIT to see what NEW THINGS Flourishes will come out with this year! 
They're having a BIG SALE to clean out the old & bring in the new!
 And YOU can find some "DEALS" this way!
Check it out: 
http://flourishes.org/2014/01/its-a-sale-a-gamble/#respond

Enjoying my NEW FLOURISHES!!!
TLady








2 comments:

  1. Oh my... it's gorgeous girl! So glad you got to use your new stamps! I love the beautiful colouring on your rose - so richly done! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes for this week's "Timeless Tuesday Challenge"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! Love your coloring and the out-of-the box cutting. And, with all the NEW things you used and did, I even learned something new! I've already gone to SCS to check out that card tutorial!!! :) Thanks so much for playing along in this week's Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!