Thursday, January 9, 2014

FLOURISHES TIMELESS TUESDAY!

Hi Blog Friends!
It's time for:

Here's the CHALLENGE this week:
THIS is MUCH EASIER than getting on a treadmill!!! LOL
ALTHOUGH, one needs some nicely shaped, & nice sized dies, so I looked through what I have---BOY, you REALLY FIND OUT, what you "need" to get, when these challenges come up!
I WAS able to find one that I thought would work! I hadn't looked over what everyone else had done, except for the Design Team early on, so I went over to get the link & WOW!!!!! You NEED to see what everyone else has come up with too!!!! GORGEOUS WORK LADIES!!!!!!!!! I NEED to visit everyone's blogs & tell them just HOW GORGEOUS their work is!!! NO WONDER! The PRIZE is the WHOLE MONTH'S RELEASE!!!!

Take a look here:

Here's what I came up with:
I was INSPIRED by the Design Team over the last few days & the NEW RELEASE that is going on right now!!!!! LOTS OF FLOWERS for Jan Marie!!!! I am SWOONING over the flowers MYSELF! Flourishes flowers are what WON me over when I discovered Flourishes AND the GORGEOUS Copic Coloring of the Design Team! 

I started by using K Company Designer Paper (Double Sided) & Spellbinders Parisian Motifs Die for the base of the card. I wanted to do something DIFFERENT! So,  what I did was use some Acrylic Gesso on the base of the card & created a place to stamp my Rose image from Flourishes- A Year In Flowers 2. I masked it & then used one of Flourishes newer stamp sets, So Distressed. I stamped off & then stamped the base of the card.

I stamped the Rose image several times, as you can see & fussy cut them & popped them up on dimensionals.
Some of the Roses & leaves have more layers than others!
I added Flourishes Classic Tags Template Dies with a Sentiment from Flourishes Tiny Flowers & Tags! (There are LOTS to choose from in this set!!! I LOVE this set!)

Here is the INSIDE:
This sentiment is from Flourishes- Friendship & Flowers! (This set has LOTS of WONDERFUL Friendship Sentiments worth having!!!) And you'll notice the double sided paper is PERFECT for this card! All sides are PRETTY!!!

HOPE you like!
Supplies not mentioned above:
Ribbon
Linen Thread
Button
Copics
MS- Rose Garden Fine Glitter-Jasper
Memento- Rich Cocoa

HOPE to see you over at Flourishes!!
TLady




8 comments:

  1. This is stunning! I love the shape of your card and pretty glitter accents. Thanks for playing at Flourishes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - love the shape and all the texture and dimension!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, what a beautiful work of art!! I LOVE it, and it's a real keepsake! I am in awe of the beautiful layered rose and the card shape! Truly a wonderful tribute to Jan! Warm hugs, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZER Becky! Your shaped card is gorgeous! Love the 3D look and the sparkles! Definitely perfect details! Thank you for joining in the fun :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Becky, your shaped card is amazing! Love your careful work on your popped up blooms and pretty papers and embellies! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. TLady thanks for stopping by my blog and for the kind words. http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My! Look at all that amazing layering! This is beautiful Becky! Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, my fellow blogger, we didn't win the challenge. But we tried our best! And I forgot to tell you the last time I stopped here, that I have that same die, and it's been one of my favorites. I learned to work with it in as many ways possible because it was one of my first die sets. Anyways, here's a link to a simple tutorial that you might be interested in:

    http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com/2014/01/a-very-versatile-die-un-troquel-muy.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!