Friday, January 31, 2014

"He Is Mine FOREVER!"

Hi Blog Friends! 

I said I'd be back with more Valentines & here I am! 
ODB has a challenge-
Pink, Red, & White only Color Challenge, with only neutrals, no other colors-(green or kraft for leaves & black or brown for sentiments is fine.) Cards are due by Feb. 2nd, at 8 p.m. EST.
 For more details check here: 
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/

I THOUGHT I'd feel more at home with the Pink, Red & White Challenge, but I have to say, I didn't! I just don't have "enough" ODB stamps to feel that comfortable YET! LOL But, I did look through what I have & found a scripture that I thought would work & then I needed an image. I'm low on ODB images too it seems. I don't have alot of dies either, so I had to do some THINKING!!! HOW would I do this? Will it even come together? I decided to get "ARTSY!" 
Take a look:
I pulled out my Gelatos! Remember, Pink, Red, & White...! I stamped my image first-
 Jesus, from ODB- Children of God, using SU- Ruby Red. 
 Then I scribbled my Gelatos- Guava Guava, Red Cherry, & Bubble Gum, & blending them with my finger. I then stamped my sentiment-
 " My health may fail, my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart;
 He is mine forever." Psalm 73:26, from ODB- Scripture Series 1.
I placed a Spellbinders- Classic Hearts where I wanted it, centering the Scripture & traced around it with a Gelato. Then blending it just a little. 
I wanted it to pop some, so I used my White Pitt Artist Pen & stippled around the heart & Jesus.
I used a SU- Corner Rounder & matted the image & placed it on my card base.
Wrapped Satin Ribbon & tied it around the top & added a Charm- Walmart. I also colored the heart on the cross charm just a little with a Copic marker and that's it!

I THINK this card would do for a friend who needed to know, that there was someone other than you, that loved them! 
DO tell me what you think?

Supplies not mentioned above:
One little glue dot behind the bow, to hold it in place!

Working on MORE VALENTINES!
TLady

UPDATE:
This card was awarded "The Shining Light Award" on the ODB Blog- on Feb. 4, 2014.
Check here:
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/


8 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky, you are just so sweet, and I hope your ODBD stamp collection grows! But in the meantime, you've done beautifully using what you have, and this card is gorgeous! I love how you've used the red, pink, and white, and the Scripture passage you used along with the soft image of Jesus in the background is fabulous! I love it, and I'm SO glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! You truly help to shine the light of Christ, sweet friend! Warm hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Becky!! I love the colors and the over stamping!! Great idea..so stunning! Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's one creative and inspirational card! I think it's picture perfect and will encourage whoever receives it! Thanks Becky for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card and so creative! Love how you used the die as a stencil and added the white dots around the outside. Thanks for joining us this week at ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! I love your pretty charm too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous and creative!! LOVE what you've done with the Gelatos! I have some and still haven't tried them...I'm a big chicken when it comes to new techniques. You, though Becky, have worked with them beautifully!! LOVE the white accents and the image of Jesus in the heart! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a unique take on a valentine's card since Jesus loves us more than anyone else can. The colors are beautiful and I love the verse you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You really pulled out all the stops and got creative and it looks amazing. Cards with this much crafty inventiveness can be better than those with all the fancy tools and embellies. Wonderful job! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!