Friday, January 17, 2014

I LOVE SNOW DAYS!

Hi Blog Friends!
Today is COLD & SNOWY here! You'd THINK  the weather inspired me, BUT the Timeless Tuesday Challenge is to create a WINTER CARD....waiting long enough, I got some more inspiration from  Julies' card  on her blog today!
To see Julies' card in the
 Free For All Friday Blog Hop, check  here:
The Timeless Tuesday Challenge is: #254 BUTTON UP!

I also chose to use the
 SCS Sketch for this week:


Here's my card:
WHO doesn't LOVE "Snow Days?"
Kids ALWAYS look forward to "Snow Days!" AND so do adults, REALLY!!!
Adults don't want to get up out of their warm beds, shovel snow, clear off their vehicles or drive through snow! Brrrr!!!
I used Flourishes-Snow days for my main image & sentiment.

I thought, if our kids were home, they'd want to be OUT IN THE SNOW, enjoying those BIG FLUFFY FLAKES & I'd be telling them, "Button up!!!!"  .

Here you can see I used Flourishes- Handmade Snowflakes- on a blue panel, & heat embossed them with white embossing powder.
Here is, that all important BUTTON to meet one of the challenge requirements! I added a flat backed pearl-SU Pretties Kit, on top with a glue dot, that makes me think of a SNOWBALL!
I popped the blue panel, the main image & the banner all up on dimensionals.

Supplies used not mentioned above:
Spellbinders Classic Scallop Circles
Ribbon
Distress Markers
SU Markers
Sponge
Cuttlebug- Snow Dots
Memento- Rich Cocoa

Don't forget to find some time this weekend to get in on the Challenge over at Flourishes!
Check here:

If our kids were home, I'd be making HOT COCOA to warm them up after their time of throwing SNOWBALLS at each other & US! LOL They ALWAYS want to get us!

STAY WARM!!!
TLady



1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!