Friday, January 17, 2014

"I Sought The Lord..." Part 2

Hi Blog Friends!
I have ANOTHER IDEA for you to easily pass along Scriptures to your loved ones or friends, for encouragement!
For my creation I used the same Scripture I used the other day,  on our kids ATC's; from the
 ODB- Scripture Series 1!
Our Daily Bread is having a Sketch Challenge going on right now & you can find
 ALL the details here:
Here's the sketch:

I took a different approach, in that I SQUISHED UP this sketch! LOL
Working with a smaller space makes you do that! My idea is a BOOKMARK!

Take a look:

I created the shape for this bookmark using SU- Apothecary Accents Framelits.
 JUST THINK, if I had THIS:
(Looks like SOMETHING I "need" to get, huh?)

*After measuring the inside width of the die--7/16" &  using the die cut, only inserting one end under the die & the other end on top of the die, I ran the die through the Big Shot.
* I stamped my Scripture onto the bookmark---using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, since the bookmark is a little narrow. I wanted to make sure I didn't go off the edge.
*I created an oval mask & masked the area where I wanted the oval, using my Zig 2 Way Glue Pen.
*Then I used my Copic Air Brush System to color the paper around this oval.
* I used a pencil to draw the swirly vines & leaves & then coloring them with Copics & a Sharpie Marker. Erasing the pencil marks when I was done.
* I measured a piece of Dark Brown Card Stock-- 1 5/8" x 6 1/4".  
*Draw  around the top notch on the bookmark & cut it out.
*Punching a hole, using a 1/4" hand punch in the front piece of the bookmark for my ribbon.
*Gluing the top front piece onto the dark brown card stock.
 *Then punching a hole-1/4" hand punch, through the dark brown card stock for the ribbon.
* Then I added three dots on the lower left side of the book mark with a Souffle' 3-D Opaque Pen;
let dry.
* I added a band across the top of dark brown paper--1"x 1 5/8" & a smaller piece of designer paper--1 5/8"x 3/4".
*Lastly, add your ribbon; however long you want. Each strip of my ribbons are about 12". I used three strands of narrow ribbon.

You'll NOTICE this bookmark matches a card I made the other day for another ODB Challenge! I made that card, with a friend in mind & wanted to send just a little something else with the card. She enjoys reading & I thought a bookmark was the PERFECT gift to accompany her card! I thought the two Scriptures went well together after-all, the path of life sometimes is frightful! BUT, it needn't be, IF WE SEEK THE LORD!

So, what do you think about my "card/gift combo?"

HOPE you find time to jump in on the Challenge at ODB!
You have until Jan.19th at 8p.m., EST

Trusting in HIM & walking FREE from fear!!!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
DCWV Linen Closet Stack-Designer Paper





7 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous bookmark! And I love the card too :-) Great idea to squish the sketch onto a bookmark and it goes so nicely with your card - I'm sure your friend will love it! Very talented to draw those swirls and leaves yourself! Beautiful bookmark/card combo and thanks so much for joining us this week at ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one creative take on the sketch Becky! Love it and esp as a gift w/your gorgeous card from last week. Your friend will be encouraged by your thoughtfulness and esp by the scriptures you choose! Thanks for joining us again at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky, I just saw this one SCS and commented! It's wonderful, and I love how you've used this week's ODBD Shining the Light challenge sketch! It's fabulous! And, like Karen said, what a wonderful bookmark with last week's beautiful card! Such an encouraging verse and wonderful expression of your love for your friend! It's always so good to see you and your beautiful creations! Warm hugs, sweet friend! Having some tea to warm up today? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! You did such a beautiful job on this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooww dear, this is genious. Now it makes a perfect gift... Good luck to you too! And as always thanks for stopping by my blog. Thanks for all the support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Becky, I just love the matching bookmark!! What a gorgeous gift!! SO vibrant and beautiful!! Thanks for sharing at ODBD!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are just gorgeous! I love the flowers and feather on the card, and that bookmark is beautiful. You've inspired me to make a similar bookmark with scripture for my grown DD who reads like crazy and loves bookmarks, but rejects God. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!