Hi Blog Friends!
I have ANOTHER IDEA for you to easily pass along Scriptures to your loved ones or friends, for encouragement!
For my creation I used the same Scripture I used the other day, on our kids ATC's; from the
ODB- Scripture Series 1!
ODB- Scripture Series 1!
Our Daily Bread is having a Sketch Challenge going on right now & you can find
ALL the details here:
Here's the sketch:
I took a different approach, in that I SQUISHED UP this sketch! LOL
Working with a smaller space makes you do that! My idea is a BOOKMARK!
Take a look:
I created the shape for this bookmark using SU- Apothecary Accents Framelits.
JUST THINK, if I had THIS:
(Looks like SOMETHING I "need" to get, huh?)
*After measuring the inside width of the die--7/16" & using the die cut, only inserting one end under the die & the other end on top of the die, I ran the die through the Big Shot.
* I stamped my Scripture onto the bookmark---using a Stamp-a-ma-jig, since the bookmark is a little narrow. I wanted to make sure I didn't go off the edge.
*I created an oval mask & masked the area where I wanted the oval, using my Zig 2 Way Glue Pen.
*Then I used my Copic Air Brush System to color the paper around this oval.
* I used a pencil to draw the swirly vines & leaves & then coloring them with Copics & a Sharpie Marker. Erasing the pencil marks when I was done.
* I measured a piece of Dark Brown Card Stock-- 1 5/8" x 6 1/4".
*Draw around the top notch on the bookmark & cut it out.
*Punching a hole, using a 1/4" hand punch in the front piece of the bookmark for my ribbon.
*Gluing the top front piece onto the dark brown card stock.
*Then punching a hole-1/4" hand punch, through the dark brown card stock for the ribbon.
* Then I added three dots on the lower left side of the book mark with a Souffle' 3-D Opaque Pen;
* I added a band across the top of dark brown paper--1"x 1 5/8" & a smaller piece of designer paper--1 5/8"x 3/4".
*Lastly, add your ribbon; however long you want. Each strip of my ribbons are about 12". I used three strands of narrow ribbon.
You'll NOTICE this bookmark matches a card I made the other day for another ODB Challenge! I made that card, with a friend in mind & wanted to send just a little something else with the card. She enjoys reading & I thought a bookmark was the PERFECT gift to accompany her card! I thought the two Scriptures went well together after-all, the path of life sometimes is frightful! BUT, it needn't be, IF WE SEEK THE LORD!
So, what do you think about my "card/gift combo?"
HOPE you find time to jump in on the Challenge at ODB!
You have until Jan.19th at 8p.m., EST
Trusting in HIM & walking FREE from fear!!!
Supplies not mentioned above:
DCWV Linen Closet Stack-Designer Paper