Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Shelter of The Most High!

Hi Blog Friends!

I have been BUSY at work in our cozy home on this cold blustery day! Brrrr! It's COLD OUTSIDE! I have been busy making a card for an ODB Challenge! It's due TOMORROW! Eeeeks! This has been a BUSY WEEK & having a headache for two days now, I wondered if I'd get this one done! But, I've succeeded, & I AM PLEASED with how it came out! 
   Check here for the details on this challenge: 
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/

Here is the picture that ODB has given us for INSPIRATION!
I LOVE the look of these two pictures! I chose the picture on the left to use for inspiration for my card! There is SO MUCH that inspired me about this picture!
Let me begin!
I LOVE  the white furniture, & so I washed the designer papers with Gesso to give that white washed look. I LOVE the china pieces & so I chose the designer paper I did, with the thought of the china in mind, the blues & pinks of the flowers on the china! I LOVE the gold edges of the china, & so edged the designer papers in gold, a little distressed & aged as the china seems to be.

I LOVE the lace, the doilies, the crystal & glass! So, I used a Wilton paper doily-look closely & you'll see it peaking out, a Spellbinders Classic Scalloped Circle, a lace bow & a stick pin I made with clear crystal beads! 

I LOVE the birdcage in the photo, so I found a lovely image of a birdcage on my designer papers & used it as a background for my main image. It symbolizes the shelter of The Most High too, even to the little birds of the air, because He cares for them too!  I also LOVE the curved edges of the china pieces, the curved window on the curio, & the curve of the back of the chair, & so I used a SU- Corner Rounder Punch for the corners of my papers!

I chose the Scripture,
"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." Psalm 91:1 
 Because it fits this picture! I think of the BEAUTY of dwelling in the shadow of the Most High & how there is REST in His shadow, in His presence! 
This is a place I could rest in, a place I could sit & have tea & just DWELL, just like in the presence of The Almighty, then I will be in The Shelter of The Most High!
Supplies used not mentioned above: 
ODB- Scripture Collection 2
Spellbinders- Classic Circles
DCWV- The Primrose Stack
MS- Lace
Dimensionals
Glue Dot

Hope you like & find a place that brings you to The Shelter of The Most High!
TLady



4 comments:

  1. Wow Becky! You truly rocked this challenge with amazing details from gesso to gold highlights! I agree that the beauty of your art matches the beauty of this verse! So happy you got relief from your headaches to meet the challenge! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a beautiful card. Love the colors and the gold trim. So much detail in this one and I think the Scripture verse is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky! What a beautiful card!! I'm so sorry you had a headache for two days! That's just awful! But you finally made this card, and I love your description of how you were inspired by each beautifully crafted element! And, yes, what a marvelous Scripture verse reminding us to find peace and rest in the shelter of His arms! So glad you were able to join us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! You certainly shined the light of Christ!! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry for your pain and the headaches you have been experiencing. I too have had headaches this weekend. I am excited you did have the opportunity to join us this week at ODBD!! I just love that verse and the beautiful and elegant details you used frame it beautifully!! So soft!! What a comforting verse to know we can find peace and rest in Him!! What a great reminder!! Thanks so much for joining us this week!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!