Wednesday, February 19, 2014

"A Lotta Polka-Dots!"

Hi Blog Friends!

It's Timeless Tuesday Challenge Time!
 Here's the Challenge:
This challenge was FUN!!!
I decided to use one of the sets I got in my "Mystery Bag!" 
Flourishes- Wild for Watermelon!
I KNOW our daughter will LOVE this set, as she LOVES Watermelon! 
So, you can be SURE I'll be mailing this one to her!
I used the sketch at SCS for this week:
( This looks like a "Tent Topper Card!" )

So, here's mine: 
NOTICE: All the Polka-Dots? 
My paper is from My Mind's Eye- Lost & Found.
AND do you notice the Stippling?
MORE Polka-Dots!
 I colored my image with Copic Markers.

That little circle with the sentiment, reminded me of an Award Ribbon!
 The sentiment, from the same set- Wild for Watermelon, says it ALL!!!

A close-up so you can see the stippling!
I used Spellbinders Classic Circle Dies & Classic Scalloped Circle Dies. 
I snipped off the scallops to create the points! 
I popped it all up on dimensionals!
 So, what do you think? 
Are you wanting Watermelon now? 
I'm SURE our daughter will be drooling when she sees THIS CARD! LOL
Hop on over to Flourishes & take a peek at every one's cards with Polka-Dots!
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/timeless-tuesday-259-a-lotta-polka-dots/#comments

I LOVE FLOURISHES!!!!!
TLady

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Paper Studio Paper
Memento Ink






8 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! Your coloring on the watermelon looks amazing and I really like the sketch you chose to use. Saw this over at SCS and had to pop over for a closer look. Awesome job! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW.... a whole lotta polka dots for sure with all the great stippling you did! This is a super happy and fun card! Admiring the coloring and clean lines and layers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Becky! So nice of you to drop by my blog and now we're connected once again. Sweet little blog you've got here too! Love your dots melon card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy! I love this watermelon set and your polka dot paper is perfect. How totally fun! This is darling and great job with the sketch too. To answer your question on the dry embossing, yes I did not cut it, just dry embossed. You can see how I dry embossed here if you didn't know what I meant. http://www.sweetandclassic.com/dry-embossed-frame.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a detailed and pretty card! The recipient will be so lucky! Thank you for always visiting me and for your nice comments! I appreciate it so much. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute card; love all the polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Becky this card is so cute, so well done. The shape and the coloring, and also the polka dots coordinate so well with this stamp. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!