Friday, February 21, 2014

"BE STRONG!"

Hi Blog Friends!

I have another card for you this week! 
I had ordered a set of stamps from ODB & WONDERED if they'd get here in time! 
THEY CAME TODAY!!!!
So, I set right to work!
I had an idea for this card for our son & then I had to set about finding a card to CASE!
(I know, I do things BACKWARDS sometimes!!! LOL)
 The challenge at ODB, is to case some one's card, be their "Secret Admirer!"

You can find out more about the challenge here:
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/
I chose to case Lisa Somerville. 
You can find out more about her creation here:
 http://www.lisasomerville.com/2014/02/starburst-card-bloggers-challenge-two.html

Here's Lisa's card:
 I LOVE that "Sunburst Technique!"

Now, I have to remind you,
 I do things backwards sometimes & that's what I did when I made this card!
 I struggled with getting my paper to angle like Lisa had hers angled!
 I cut & cut!!!
 Made one star burst & wasn't happy with it & began again!
But, in the end, I'm not too unhappy with what I came up with.
I only wish I could have gotten it more angled!
(I found a little tutorial on Lisa's blog later! What is wrong with me???? I wonder sometimes!!!LOL)

Here is my card:
(Let me warn you, it's not what you'll expect!)
Remember, I said I wanted to make this for our son, a fan of SUPER HERO'S!


I like this Scripture with what I've done, because the "Be Strong," is BOLD!!!
 Which is what I want to show in my card for our son, just to encourage him!
The Scripture: "Be Strong & take heart, all you who hope in the Lord." Psalm 34:24.
From: Scripture Collection 3

Like I said, our son loves Super Hero's! And this is a card JUST FOR HIM!!!

I had to show you the paper & how it shines!
 The paper is from Recollections Signature- Comic Hero's.
 You can find this Paper Stack at Michael's!
I also used PTI- Star Gazer Dies for the stars. 

Supplies not mentioned above: 
Spellbinders- Classic Circles
Versafine- Majestic Blue Ink
Paper Studio Paper
Ribbon
Dimensionals
Glue Dots

HOPE YOU are INSPIRED to "BE STRONG in THE LORD!!!"
(YES! We can be "Super Hero's" for God, to those around  us!) 
 TLady





6 comments:

  1. That card is "Super" Becky!! I am sure your son will love it and although the power we gain from God is much more than a super hero, it is an excellent image to match the verse. Love the sunburst background too. What a wonderful tribute to Lisa. Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my, Becky, this is amazing! What an absolutely "super" (as Chris said) card!! Yes, your son is going to love it!! I love your various photos to show the brilliant shine of the paper! I know that Lisa will be so pleased to see your CASE and will be very honored! So glad to see you again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this card Becky! A great way of teaching your son that even Super Hero's need God's strength! Really love how you CASE'd Lisa's card! You and I have creating in common.....backwards! :). Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea you had & your card came out just great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How sweet of you to CASE one of my cards Becky! Your choice of the super hero image to go with the verse looks fabulous with the starburst technique! I'm sure your son will just love his glittery super hero card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome card! You've CASEd Lisa well. I love the sunburst technique with the superhero image and love the glitter/sparkle/shine that the card has got - I'm sure your son will love it! Thanks for joining us this week in the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!