Thursday, February 6, 2014

FLOURISHES-"Timeless Tuesday Challenge!" & Some NEWS!!!

Hi Blog Friends!

It's time for a Timeless Tuesday Challenge!
And here's the Challenge: 
For more information on this challenge, check here: 
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/timeless-tuesday-257-red-love/#comments

Before I get to my card, I just wanted to say that I have had a heavy heart here this week! If you haven't already heard, Jan Marie is stepping down from Flourishes, & Flourishes is up for sale. I can't imagine our stamping world without Flourishes GORGEOUS IMAGES! Jan Marie has plans to stay in the crafting world for awhile. She has been having serious health issues...
You can read more about it here:
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/from-the-desk-of-3/#comments
PLEASE DO REMEMBER Jan Marie in your prayers?
 

The Challenge---Incorporate LOVE & the color RED!
I have been busy here at my desk making VALENTINES for those I love!
 It won't be long & they'll be on their way in the mail!
The first card I made is for our daughter!
I LOVE how this came out! 
I used Flourishes-Roses are Red! The only Valentines set I have right now from Flourishes!
BE SURE to check their site as they're having a HUGE SALE right now! If you love Flourishes,
 BUY THEM NOW!!!!!!! Because once they're gone, THEY'RE GONE!
Directly to the Shop:
http://shop.flourishes.org/

I also used Flourishes- So Distressed for the background of my heart! I love the look of that light blue behind the heart!
Here's a close up of my heart! I used Copic Markers & some Stickles!
 Gotta have some SPARKLE on a Valentine! I also sponged SU- Bashful Blue around the edges of my die cut heart, the same color I used to back my heart.

And this is the inside! LOVE that So Distressed stamp!!!
 It looks like you're peaking through the clouds to see this SPECIAL VALENTINE MESSAGE!
Next, I needed to make a more masculine card for our son!
He doesn't care for all the "fru-fru" on his cards!
I created a tick-tac-toe type of grid on the paper & masked off where I didn't want my ink to go!
Stamping over & over...

Can you guess what sets I used to create this card? I'll let you know here in a minute!
I did a little "framing" can you see it? It isn't exact, but that's "o.k!" I think it just adds to the card!
I added Red Glittery Embossing Powder to the edges of the frame too.

Did you guess the sets I used yet? I used Flourishes- Tiny Flowers & Tags Stamp Set
 & Simply Charmed!

I love all the layers! 

Here I stamped "Love" with Versa Mark & used Red Glittery Embossing Powder! I also added  White Gelato with my finger to make it pop & then wiped off the excess. I also used a Copic & went over the sentiment since it looked like it needed brightening up & Stickles to the edge of the heart!

And inside:
Here I stamped down the side & added a strip of red to make a boarder.

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
-"I Love You" card- 
SU- Real Red Ink
Heart Doily- Oriental Trading
Glue Dots
Dimensionals
Glamrocks
Silhouette- Pick-me-up
Spellbinders-Classic Scalloped Heart Die
Ribbon
Scotch Glue

-"Love" card-
Spellbinders- Classic Heart Die
SU- Real Red Ink
Bakers Twine
Glamrocks
Scotch Glue
Dimensionals

I think these qualify for the challenge over at Flourishes! 
HOPE you get to play along!
AND would you believe, I have MORE VALENTINES to make?
Be back here this weekend & I'll have something else for you!
I LOOOOOOOOVE VALENTINES!!!!!
Can you tell?

Glitter, Doily's Hearts & more!!!! 
TLady





6 comments:

  1. Your first card is stunning! I love your perfectly colored bouquet. The second card has fabulous background stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness...you are on fire with those beauties! Love them both...the sparkles add so much interest and I know these cards are even more gorgeous close up!

    Thank you for being such a loyal Flourishes follower and stamper...we appreciate it!!! Just keep Jan in your prayers :) !!! Hugs ~Silke~

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous!!! Thanks for all the messages for Jan Marie. I know she appreciates every single person connected with flourishes in whatever capacity that is; customer, artist, designer! Your kind words and prayers mean the word!

    Which email were you trying to use Becky? This one: CarusoMannerAtelier@gccoxmail.com or another one? Let me know!

    Thanks for paying along with our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week and sharing your love with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okey dokey... I have sent an email to the shipping dept to see if they can have Jan Marie or Mike change the email listed on the page. I, of course, have to wait for a response yet but hopefully they can change the email listed there so you and others can participate. I'll be in touch!

    Happy stamping darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been busy creating!! And they are all just beautiful!! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think both of your cards are fantastic! I am sure your son and daughter will love them! I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes....I always love seeing your work! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!