Sunday, February 9, 2014

"L-O-V-E Recipe!"

Hi Blog Friends!

Can you believe it? I've come up with ANOTHER VALENTINE! 
This card will be entered into TWO CHALLENGES!
First, ODB is having a
"L-O-V-E Recipe" Challenge!

For more information on this challenge check here:
 http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/
 Here's my "recipe!"
 L- Lacey Die
                                O- Old looking card (Old is my "style!")
V- Valentine
        E- Envelope Card
I used this recipe to come up with my card! I don't have any of the Valentine goodies from ODB, BUT, I do have ONE DIE that does the trick!
So, tell me what you think?
This is the front of the "Envelope!"
I used Flourishes- Angelic Love & From The Heart, to make this card.
The second Challenge is:
 Flourishes- "Red & Love" Challenge.

To find out more about this challenge check here:
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/timeless-tuesday-257-red-love/#comments
(I HOPE this is linking! I seem to be having trouble with it! You can scroll down to another Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Post if necessary to find a direct link!)


This is the back of the "Envelope!"
As you open the "Envelope..."
Here you can see the ODB- Custom Design Die.
And THE INSIDE!
Here you see that the ODB- Custom Design Dies help to make this Valentine!
And the image is from Flourishes- Angelic Love;
  the sentiment is from Flourishes- From the Heart.
Here a close-up of the inside! Isn't that little cupid CUTE?
And the sentiment is meant for someone IRRESISTIBLE!

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
DCWV- polka dot paper
SU- Real Red
Tim Holtz- Picket Fence-Distress Marker
Spellbinders- Classic Scallop Heart
X-Acto Knife
Tim Holtz- Tea Dye
Dick Blick- Colored Pencils
Gamasol
 Stickles
WRMK- Envelope Punch Board
Faber-Castell- Eraser Pencil (See below for a TIP!)
Zig Glue Pen

Well, I think this is the last of my "Valentine Blitz," for real this time! LOL
I just COULDN'T RESIST these two challenges!

In a Vintage Valentine Mood!
TLady 

Found: 
 Another challenge to post this card to, here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/02/welcome-to-our-first-challenge.html

Just a little note:
I used the envelope Punch Board to make my envelope, making it to the dimensions for a 5"x 5" card.
Polka Dot paper- 4 15/16" x 4 15/16"
Red paper- 4 1/2" x 4 1/2"
White paper- (for the image)- 4 1/8" x 4 1/8"

Just a little TIP!
I discovered that if you use the Distress- Picket Fence Marker, it tends to splotch.
 One way to fix that, is an Eraser!
Here's what I used: 
It only erases the splotchy parts!




19 comments:

  1. What a neat design! This is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! What an absolutely gorgeous card! And I love your recipe. The design is amazing, and I LOVE how you've used the ODBD dies...a stunning creation! So glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love that the envelope is the card, or is that the card is the envelope! Either way, it's beautiful and it's clever! Thanks for joining us and showing your style at Craft Hoarders Anonymous! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Becky this is one awesome envelope card! It's very unique and creative! The ODBD die adds a beautiful detail! Thanks for creating with us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your envelope card! Those dies are perfect for this! Gorgeous job! Thanks for stopping by my blog to leave me some love! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your project is just beautiful. I'm a sucker for a pretty Valentine! Thanks for joining in the very first ever Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful Valentine Becky!! I just love how you used the corner dies on the flaps and the fold you used!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!! I love seeing your creations!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great design! Love the way you aged your papers with ink, and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along in the very first Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely beautiful Valentine. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, love your envelope card....thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so pretty, and an envie to match! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous for our very first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. such a lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a unique and beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just so pretty, and love the envelope!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! The envelope is as beautiful as the card!! How lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty card! I'm so excited that you joined us for the launch of Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. I hope you come to play often! Ginny from Polly's Paper : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Becky, today is Valentine's and though it's late I had to stop by and wish you a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have been very kind and supportive with my work and my blog spontaneously, and I REALLY, truly appreciate it! Hope you have the greatest of weekends with your loved ones!

    http://gracielliedesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Now that is romantic and a wonderful fold to boot. Look at the beautiful inside with the delicate little cherub. Romantic indeed!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!