Wednesday, March 5, 2014

My Tribute To Flourishes!

Hi Blog Friends! 

I'm so happy you've come to visit today!
 You're here at the Flourishes "Street Blog Hop!"
 You will ONLY see Flourishes Images as you hop along! 
This is the final blog hop for Flourishes under Jan Marie, as Jan Marie is selling the company due to her illness. 
If you want to start at the beginning, check here: 
 http://flourishes.org/blog/

I HAVE TO SAY, that Flourishes is a company that has been SOOO GOOD to me!
 I've enjoyed doing the blog hops & commenting on each blog, & seeing all the INSPIRATION that the Designers created & getting to know each one of them!
 My first sets of Flourishes Stamps were those that I won, & from there I made cards & won more!  

 They're the perfect type to color, not to mention they're GORGEOUS!!!!
I've NEVER seen another company with these types of images!!!


So, for my creation to Honor Flourishes & Jan Marie, I created something SPECIAL for her!
I used one of the stamp sets from February that were released,
Flowers For Jan!
 (I KNOW I'm not the only one who loves this set!)
 Here's my card:
This card measures 5 1/2" x 5 1/2".
  It's bigger than what I normally make, but this IS a SPECIAL OCCASION!

I used Flourishes-Classic Window Die for the main image & traced around it for the gold layer--
 I used a Gold Krylon Pen.
 Then, I traced around the die again on another sheet of card stock as I had just done, but I  used the curved corners to guide me, & I created a larger shape than the gold layer;
  using the shape as a pattern,  I  made the pink layer.
 I saved the pattern with my die so I can do this again with another card----
  my graduated sizes ready to go!

Here you can see the paper piercing.
 The die piercing the white card stock  & embossing it.
 I pierced the pink layer using a Paper Piercer Tool.
 I used  SU- Festive Paper-Piercing Pack as a guide for the piercing on the pink layer. 

I colored the Peony Image with Copic Markers & used a Faber-Castell White Pitt Artist Pen to add white dots to the center of the flower for depth & a little Stickles which you'll see in the next picture.

I chose to use wrapping paper from Michael's--it's the black & white "designer paper" you see! 
I picked that up the last time I was there for only a dollar!
 I thought it might be of some use for this special day!
 My color scheme & the wrapping paper go hand in hand with the colors for Flourishes!
 Have you seen the Flourishes Thirty-One Bags???
Jan is giving away 10 of them with this "Street Blog Hop" for some lucky winners!
Here is the inside of my card:
 I used the sentiment from the same set, Flourishes- Flowers For Jan.
"People will walk in & out of your life but only a few Friends will leave footprints in your heart."
WHAT A LOVELY VERSE!!!! 
THAT is how I feel about Jan Marie & all the ladies at Flourishes!!!

You might say, what's so "special" about a card? 
Well, I have MORE!
I used my Tea Cup Template to create this lovely!
 Whenever, I see Floral Images I swoon that is true!
 I also look to see if they will work with my Tea Cup Template!
 This is the same image as above, Flourishes- Flowers For Jan. 

Here's a close-up of the saucer & the bottom of the Tea Cup.
 Isn't that just the LOVELIEST IMAGE???
I  did a lot of masking so the images would overlap some.

Here I've removed the Hershey's Nuggets- Extra Creamy Milk Chocolate with Toffee & Almonds, so you can see the sentiment inside of the tea cup! 
"Friends make life sweeter," is from Flourishes- Berry Sweet Frame.
The little flowers are from Flourishes- Tiny Flowers & Tags.

Here I made a rosette with ribbon, & used a Copic Marker to color the rosette & used a button to match the black & white on the card.
 The Tiny Tag is made with Flourishes- Tailor-Made Dies & Tiny Flowers & Tags Stamp Set.
 The other side of this tag says, "Just for you," from this same set. 
I should tell you, I bought this die & stamp set JUST FOR when I make my Tea Cups!
 I can stamp LOVELY FLOWERS on these little tags to match most any Tea Cup I make! PERFECT!!!!!!

I made this Tea Cup the same as I have done in the past,
 embossing it with SU- Elegant Lines Embossing Folder
& adding Scotch Glue to the embossing lines & then MS Crystal Clear Glitter.
 And edging everything with my Gold Krylon Pen. 

Here is the Gift Combo together:
Looks TOTALLY FLOURISHES to me! 


Supplies not mentioned above:
Ribbon
Memento Ink
SU- 1 3/8" Punch
SU- 1 1/4" Punch
Crochet Thread- for the Tiny Tag
Score Buddy
SU- Cellophane Bag
Dimensionals
ZIG- Millennium Collection Pens
Needle & thread- to sew rosette onto ribbon-cup
Felt-for the back of the rosette
Hot Glue Gun- to glue the felt onto the rosette

CONTINUE HOPPING & HAVE FUN!!!!

STILL SMITTEN WITH FLOURISHES!
TLady

***WE'RE PRAYING FOR YOU JAN MARIE!!!***





8 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more. Flourishes is my favorite papercrafting company! Also, I share your thoughts for Jan Marie.

    Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I understand why you were keeping this post so carefully for it to be published until the hop started.... COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! This a wonderful post, and both the card and the tea cup are just...... NO WORDS REALLY, beyond perfect. I just came visit and WHAT A BEAUTIFUL SURPRISE! Congrats Becky, you will be one of the winners of this hop, if they are not randomly chosen.

    Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely tribute to Jan and Flourishes! I have the same feelings as you for this great company. Sorry I missed the info about this last blog hop. You have outdone yourself. Love that tea cup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning creations Becky and a wonderful tribute to such an amazing company! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us... I always love hopping on by and seeing what you have been crafting. Stunning tea cup - so creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful! Love your gorgeous tea cup and the card! Fab project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous.
    I made a specific post for the parade and was waiting for a post date. My post is up now if you want to come back and take a look.
    http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com/2014/03/flourishes-blog-parade.html
    Thanks for the sweet comment I hope you'll stop back by.
    Crafty hugs,
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Becky, what a beautiful tribute to Jan Marie and Flourishes, and your card and gift teacup are absolutely stunning! I so admire your talent and creativity, and you are so precious too!! I guess I'm going to have to find that teacup template, because it makes a beautiful gift! WOW! Thanks for sharing your creativity and inspiring us all, sweet friend! Warm hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous project. Love the pretty flowers and the coloring. That cup is just perfect with the gold edges. The matching card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!