Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Seize The Day!

Hi Blog Friends!!!

It's Timeless Tuesday again!

The Challenge:
Check here for more information on this challenge:
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/timeless-tuesday-260/#comments

I'm going to admit right here & now, I am NOT a CAS gal!
So, this was challenging for me! But, scrounging through my Flourishes stash,
 I figured a Silhouette Image was called for!
I chose an image from the Flourishes- Sweet Days Of Summer.

I also wanted to try a new technique that I saw over at Stacy's blog here:
 http://www.sweetandclassic.com/dry-embossed-frame.html
(Be SURE to look around as Stacy has other tutorials for you!)

Here's my card:
The technique I used, is called the Dry Embossed Frame!


I think this image is so wistful!
I can't tell you how long it's been since I've found a good book to just dive into!
I can see our daughter doing this reading under the tree....
She LOVES the outdoors & she LOVES to read!!! 
 I used the Spellbinders- Labels One Die, & Versa Fine- Olympia Green for good coverage.
To get a GOOD silhouette image, I think it's all in the INK!

I added Rhinestones & Dimensionals & thought it needed something else before assembling it.
So, I pulled out my SU- Corner Rounder Punch 
& WHA-LAH!!!
I didn't even add a ribbon!!!

I don't have the Spellbinders- Grand Caliber Machine,
so I was a little worried about trying this, but you never know till you try!

Here's my sandwich for the Big Shot: 
*Using the Standard Multipurpose Platform, flip layer 1 & 2 up,
you won't be using those.
* Add one cutting plate.
*Add 1 Tan Emboss Mat.
*Add your card stock with the die positioned down & secured.
*Add Sizzix- Texture Impressions Pad.
*Run it through the machine.

HOPE you find some time to "Seize The Day" with whatever makes you happy!
TLady

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Paper Studio Paper




6 comments:

  1. This stamp must of been made for her if she likes the outside and to read. :-) Your dry embossed framed is perfect, isn't that just the coolest look. Classy card even if it took you forever to do CAS. You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super elegant Becky! I like the embossing you did with that label die. I love silhouette stamps. I don't own any I think. But they are on my wish list. Great design my dear! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you might not have been a CAS gal before, but you sure are now! This card is stunning! I love the embossed frame around the image and those cute square rhinestones! My daughter could join your daughter under that tree! ;) Thanks so much for playing along with us in this week's Timeless Tuesday <=> Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simply GORGEOUS! I love this silhouette image too and you've made this CAS design look perfect for this challenge :) !!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card came out beautifully! I love the stamp you chose! Great way to frame it as well. Have you heard ANYTHING on the Flourishes Blog Parade??? I sent and email and would love to participate too, just don't know when it is. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just beautiful, Becky! That is what I would like to be doing right now...but it is still too darn cold! LOL! So glad you could play along with us this week for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!