Sunday, February 23, 2014

WHAT are you "Hoarding?"

Hi Blog Friends! 

I have a card for you today that was inspired by
The Craft Hoarders Challenge here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/02/challenge-2-lets-see-that-hoard.html#comment-form
If you'd like to be a part of this challenge, you have until Sun., March 2nd, midnight-PT.

The challenge was to use things that we "hoard!"
My husband said, "When you're 'hoarding' you shouldn't 'need' to be shopping, & YOU are always wanting to go shopping! So, you couldn't be 'hoarding' anything!"
Well, I have to admit, I DO "hoard" somethings! LOL
 I'll show you WHAT exactly I "hoard!"

AND we were to use this inspiration piece:
Isn't this LOVELY??? Soft hues of blue & FLOWERS!!!
SWOONING HERE!!!

Here's the PRIZE package!
I've only heard OF the company, "Close To My Heart!"
 NEVER really seen ANY of their products that I know of!
This would be FUN to win to TRY THEM OUT!

Here's my creation:
I started by doing the Ombre' Technique with Gelatos on Watercolor Paper.
Yep, I GUESS you could say Gelatos are "hoarded" around here!
 I don't use them near as much as I should!

Here you can see where I did a little embossing & paper piercing on parchment paper.
 I used an Ecstasy Crafts- Piercing & Embossing Template,
 along with a stylus, paper piercer & embossing mat.
Now, THIS is one thing I have been "hoarding" for sure!
I've had it for FOREVER & never used it on a card!

 I DEFINITELY "hoard" ribbon!!! I am ALWAYS picking some up at the store, afraid I'll run out of one color or another! I colored this one with a Gelato to get the right color I wanted!

I used Stampendous-P107 Agapanthus Cluster for my image, using Versa Fine Ink- Majestic Blue, and die cutting with Flourishes- Classic Hourglass Template Die.

I did the bottom edge with SU- Scallop Edge Punch.
You could even say I "hoard" my punches. I store them behind my door & forget they're even there, not using them as much as I should!

I finished off my image with Faber-Castell's White Pitt Artist Pen
 & some Paper Studio- Rhinestones.

Hope you find time to jump in on this challenge & use some of your "hoarded" crafting goodies!

Supplies not mentioned above:
Gelatos- Blueberry, Boysenberry & Cotton Candy
Paper Studio paper
Dimensionals

Enjoying this LOVELY SPRING WEATHER we're having today!
TLady








13 comments:

  1. love the watercolor look to this card! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ombre look. Great job in creating it! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job of digging into your hoard to make this lovely ombre effect card. Thanks for playing along in Craft Hoarder's Anonymous Challenge #2: Let's See that Hoard! Hope you'll continue to play along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey TLady! I found you! Love your card, and those rhinestones really bring out the image. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful, Becky! I love the water color look you achieved behind your stamped image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your technique! And love that stamp! Such a pretty card. Thanks for the support of Craft Hoarders Anonymous! It means the world to me (to all of the DT) to have the support of wonderful crafters like you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! I love that watercolor background behind your stamped flowers. I love how the flowers match the picture too. Thanks for joining us at CHACB!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becca, I absolutely love your card! It is so elegant! You certainly have a chance of winning. This is a new challenge, but it is top notch. Also, your techniques are excellent!!!

    Thanks so so so much for your words and understanding. We're still taking close care of our son, he's recovering little by little. The thing is, after we got home from the hospital, I got sick too! Oh what a test. I am beginning to feel better, and had to stop by to check your posts and wonderful work!

    Have a great week! Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love the watercolor look you achieved here! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is so pretty! Love the way you've colored the background and accented the dandelion/agapantha/feathery flower! And that piercing!! Beautiful work!! Thanks for sharing your stash with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your techniques and the flowers are perfect!! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Craft Hoarders...good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your hoard and creating such an ombre look. Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely card.You are rockin the blue theme. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog. Hope you can come back to play again soon! Ginny from Polly's Paper Studio.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!