Saturday, February 15, 2014

"WOOD You Be Mine!"

Hi Blog Friends!

You're thinking I've made a Valentine I'm sure, BUT I didn't! 

It's time for the Timeless Tuesday Challenge! I couldn't let this challenge pass me by!
I got an idea for this card while doing the blog hop Flourishes had this last Tuesday when they announced this challenge!
Whenever I think of WOOD on a card, I think MASCULINE & I had THE PERFECT IMAGE from Flourishes for that masculine card!

Not only does the title for this blog post tell you there will be WOOD on the card, but it
SOUNDS LIKE a Valentine----well, for a hunter, this card & what is on the card would be what he would be saying as he aimed his rifle, "Wood you be mine?" LOL

I used the weekly sketch from SCS:

Here's my card:
I used Flourishes Images- Mountain View & Naturally Merry.

I varied from the sketch just a bit---I didn't want to cut off this beauties antlers!
So, I went a little off center for the focal point!

I popped everything up on dimensionals!

My wood panel is made with SU- Wood Grain Embossing Folder---I inked it up with SU- Chocolate Chip Ink for a deep brown in the wood grain. My paper was a little wider, than the folder, so I ran it through once & inked the folder where needed again, & laid the paper between the folder & then I used my rolling-pin just for that area. I pulled out my Gesso & dry brushed it over the wood panel I'd made!

I colored my image with SU- Water Color Crayons & the Pine Cones are colored with Copic Markers!  I also used the Naturally Merry Pine Cone to stamp the green matting, just for richness!

I used my Score Buddy to score around the edges of the matted image/s; you can take a closer look to see it, ( I made two images for this...) AND I added a wood button with linen thread. 

There's nothing better than using nature for masculine cards, especially when your man LOVES the outdoors!

Supplies not mentioned above:
Watercolor Paper- 90 lb. Cold Press
Stazon Ink
Memento Ink

Don't forget to visit Flourishes this week! EVERYTHING will be 50% off! 
WHAT are we going to do when the doors close? 

Check here for more information on this challenge:
http://flourishes.org/2014/02/timeless-tuesday-258-wood-you-be-mine/#comments

See you over at Flourishes!!! 
I'll be there!
TLady

**************UPDATE:*************
This card was chosen as one of SCS FAVORITES for this week!




11 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes that's one fantastic card, love it! Great use of the wood grain EF too! And such wonderful coloring, I find it difficult to color this stamp, but you have done it perfectly! Thanks also for always leaving me such lovely comments on my blog, you are a dear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich, masculine and outdoors perfect. I like the wood gran with this Elk and your pinecones are a fabulous touch. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful masculine card!! I love how you framed out the center of the image. So creative! Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is my favorite of all the cards I have seen you make, Becky! You couldn't have colored that Buck more perfectly, and the wood grain bg and the addition of the pine cones really complete this beautiful outdoorsy scene....a wonderful masculine card...fit for Paul Bunyan himself....lol! ;) I am so glad you could play along with us this week at Flourishes for our Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Becca! This is quite masculine indeed. And you honored that sketch perfectly! Now, did you say Flourishes' doors are closing? What does that mean? I hope it's not what I'm thinking........................... Let me know dear!

    Also, it is absolutely amazing to hear from you at my blog. Thanks for your support my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you get to buy what you wanted on Flourishes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, and about floral graphics, I found good floral stamps at Penny Black, specially the older ones available at Joann & Amazon. Also some beautiful poppies at Sweet & Sassy Stamps. And the other ones I've found are Gina K. Designs Stately Flowers, and many other floral sets, that have great graphics.

    Now, the quality of the photopolymer in Flourishes stamps is outstanding... I was a fool, and didn't order on time. Now it's almost all gone. The flowers are gone....... :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I'm the exact same way specially with currency conversion, a dollar is 20 lemps. here... Just imagine... I try to order from retailers that offer free shipping and other discounts.

    Another great place I found that sells different brands at a great prize is Marker Pop. Check that out too.

    My friend we should exchange email, because this comment board is becoming a chat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very fun design with an outdoor theme.

    Hugs diane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good golly this is awesome!!! What a fabulous use of wood grain!!!! As for the email try this one: flourishesllc@gccoxmail.com
    Thanks for playing along with us at Flourishes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the layering on this design Becky! Great sense of texture and outdoor masculine-ness! Awesome design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!