Monday, March 10, 2014

A CHALLENGE FILLED POST---in MANY ways!!!

Hi Blog Friends!

Oh my goodness! I didn't know whether I'd make it here or not this past week! 
So many things going on it seems & my "mojo" was KA-PUT! 
I have been emotionally exhausted! 
I was "challenged" in MANY WAYS this past week! 
Our daughter was having friendship issues & calling & crying her heart out to me over the phone! 
NO MOTHER likes to hear her daughter SOBBING over the phone! It has been SOOO HARD to listen & try to give advice, rather than run to her & give those girls a piece of my mind! LOL
 It is a time of growing & maturing, a time of learning WHO is in charge of her life, a time when she is to learn WHERE her strength comes from, 
& WHO is there with her ALL THE TIME, when I can't be!
 It is also a time of learning just how cruel the world can be, a time of testing her inner compass & seeing if her gauges are on track, where figuring out people are concerned! 
GROWING UP IS SO HARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I remember going through some of the same things when I was in College, so I had SOME wisdom to offer her. Of course, with her broken heart, it was hard to see that mom understood! 
God is GOOD & gave us the opportunity to see her & our son this weekend.
 Giving them LOTS of HUGS & I LOVE YOUS,  when they came to a church nearby to preform in the Drama Team from the school.
 AND God is GOOD in that she is well on her way this week to SOARING ABOVE IT ALL!!!
THIS was PROBABLY my BIGGEST CHALLENGE last week!

I DO have some other challenges to share with you though!
MY FIRST CHALLENGE?
Here's the challenge:

You can find out MORE about this challenge here: 
http://flourishes.org/2014/03/timeless-tuesday-261-maskuerade/#comments

I also decided to go with a  couple of COLOR challenges here:
 http://www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/2014/03/think-green-challenge.html#comment-form
AND
http://thecardconcept.blogspot.com/2014/03/card-concept-5-colour-inspiration.html#comment-form
 Here's the picture of Inspiration:
 AND another Challenge here:
 http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/03/guest-designers-challenge-3.html#comment-form
 The sketch is from Mojo Monday here: 
 http://mojomonday.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2014-03-10T03:00:00-06:00&max-results=1
(OOOPS! This one is already closed! But, here is the sketch!)
I am NOT one to normally do MANY CHALLENGES AT ONCE! I can't seem to KEEP TRACK of them all! LOL  But, I thought, JUST THIS ONCE!!!! It was a challenging week to go through, so WHY NOT PILE IT ON???? LOL

Now, without any more delay,
 here is my card:
I used Flourishes- Always Blooming!!!! 
WHERE is my Masking?
 I used masking on the white card stock with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, that isn't colored in.

 My Style? Vintage! With the LIME COLORED Doily Designer Paper up one side--Paper Studio- Kirby Teesdale Stack, & the Doily coming off the side---SU- Hello Doily, embossed with clear embossing powder & then I used a LIME gelato & added a little water; I thought it needed just a BIT more LIME & added Faber-Castell Artist Crayon in LIME! I also used Tim Holtz- Vintage Photo Ink to distress the edges.

I colored these LOVELY flowers with Copics- LIME GREEN- G21 for the leaves. I also added Stickles- Crystal color because it had a Limey Green sparkle! NOTICE: I don't have alot of STUFF all over my card...that is part of one of the challenges. It fits for me, even loving Vintage. I PREFER to have a card I CAN MAIL without a lot of fuss!

I used SU- punches for the corner, the ledger edge & the circles for the sentiment!

Here is the INSIDE! The sentiment on the front of the card & on the inside are from the same set- Always Blooming! 
Can you guess WHO is going to receive THIS card????
Yep! Our daughter!!!
We ALL NEED a little encouragement sometimes!!!

So, what do you think?

My daughter isn't the ONLY  ONE "soaring high" today!!!
TLady

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Zig Two-way glue
Versa Mark Ink
Dimensionals
Smidgen of ribbon






15 comments:

  1. Totally fabulous card GF! Love how you used this Flourishes image. I sure miss not designing for them anymore :(

    Sorry to hear about your daughters heartbreak...please tell her there are MANY fish in the sea...go fishing!!! BIG HUGS ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silke- It's NOT a guy problem! You know how girls can be.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Becky, a lot of attention to detail! From the challenges requirements to the design. Very pretty card! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty card! Love the two layers of stamped design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. and I forgot to say: Thanks for playing along with Challenge #3 at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice card, thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy hannah banana! That is one stunner of a card Becky! I love the stamping and the design is fab! Great job at combining so many cool challenges. Sounds like dispite the tough phone calls, everything is a little better. I think we all go through our struggles growing up. It's nice to know there's a wonderful and caring mom at the other end of the phone line for you to talk to! Big hugs to you today for being such a great Mom! ((hugs)) And thanks for joining us for our "Timeless Tuesday Challenge" this week at Flourishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a pretty card!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Love the layers and the colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty images and fabulousd esign. Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful card. I love the greens and the sentiment is one of my favorites. As a mom to 3 girls it's a never ending challenge. Hugs.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is lovely, but the sentiment is perfect! I am so sorry to hear your darling daughter is having troubles. I pray things will seem brighter to her by now. I had to giggle over your "cards I can mail without fuss" comment. My cards ALWAYS require fuss to mail them, which is why I don't mail very many. I love your card! The greens are amazing! Thank you so much for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet card of encouragement for your beloved daughter as she goes through a rough patch. . .this will definitely be an encouragement to her. . it's so very beautiful with the green, the glitter, the embossed doily. . .Thanks for sharing your hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous Card...hope this is a better week for you and your daughter....thanks so much for playing along with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so impressed with how many challenges you worked in here! I can never do that; I think it must be a gift, LOL! Despite the bright lime green, your card still has an elegant and vintage quality to it and is just beautiful. LOVE the gorgeous Flourishes image and the ledger edge is a great touch. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Card Concept this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!