Wednesday, March 12, 2014

It's a WASHI!

Hi Blog Friends!

It's time for:
And here's the Challenge:
For all the details, check here:
http://flourishes.org/2014/03/timeless-tuesday-262-its-a-wash/#comments

I used the sketch from SCS this week:
As you see, our challenge is to use WASHI TAPE----well, I am not one to use Washi Tape! I have some, but it has sat in my stash for awhile now! UNSURE of just HOW to use it! I see others use it & say, "BRAVO!!!" AND when I think of Washi Tape, I think CAS & MODERN!
BOTH, of which are NOT my "style!" LOL 
BUT, I HAD TO TRY!
Take a peek!
 This one is for our son, who was THERE FOR OUR DAUGHTER last week when she was going through her troubles! We're SOOO PROUD OF HIM!
 I HOPE he likes it!

I used Flourishes- So Distressed! I LOOOOVE this set!!! It's JUST FUN!!!
 There's just SOMETHING FREE & ARTSY about the set!

TOTALLY FUN!!!!

The Sentiment is from Flourishes- Happy Thoughts!
NOTICE: I accentuated the "YOU," with a Glitter Gel Pen & added a Smiley Face!
It just seemed the RIGHT THING to do!
I also used Flourishes- Classic Frames Template Die & sponged yellow in the center & orange on the edges. 
This is the inside, I just added some color, but left room to write an appreciative note to our son!
 So, what do your think?

Jump in & join in on the fun! You have PLENTY OF TIME to submit your card/s...! 
See you there!
TLady

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Washi Tape- Paper Studio
3 Brads
SU- Ink
Dimensionals
SU- Corner Punch

6 comments:

  1. OMGosh, I LOVE this card! I've never thought to use the So Distressed set with bright colors before, but it is a fantastic look! Fab job with the Washi tape, too!!! ;) I'm so glad you joined us in this week's Timeless Tuesday It's a Wash Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! What a fabulously fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the artsy look. The Timeless Tuesday challenges push me out of my comfort zone too. I guess we need that nudge sometimes. Fantastic card! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with the washi tape and with the stamp set too! Very fun, even if it’s not your regular style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous card! I am in love with all the cool ways you used the So Distressed stamp on this card - it's SO fun! Great use of washi tape too. Thank you so much for playing along with the Timeless Tuesday Challenge over at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a great job with the washi tape and with the stamp set too! Very fun, even if it’s not your regular style!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!