Thursday, April 3, 2014

"Happy Birthday to You!"

Hi Blog Friends!

Have you ever thought you were caught up & then discover, huh-oh, you weren't?
That's what happened to me this week as I was boxing up a surprise for a super nice lady,
 (I'll show you next week what's in the box!)
  Thinking I was caught up on what I had to do for the week,
I remembered, I'd forgot...! 
So, I went to work last night making a birthday card for a friend!

Of course, using Flourishes images!
I chose to use Flourishes- Wild Roses.
 I believe this set is by Sam Pickard.
I also decided it was time to use some paper crafting goodies some friends had sent me.
So, I went to work.

Here's what I came up with:
I know this paper looks kind of office- like with the tags,
 but mixing things up a bit, is when you get pleasantly surprised.
The designer papers are by Fancy Pants Designs- Trend Setter.

I made a tag using SU- Chalk Talk Die &
slipping it into a glassine bag-from Stampington,
 that I attached to the front of my card.

Here's a close up of the tag front:
 I used Prisma Color Markers to color in my image, & Stickles- Crystal color
 to add sparkle for the center of the flowers & dew drops.
I also used EK Success Millennium Collection Pens for the faux stitching.

The back of this tag:
I couldn't leave it blank.
 This sentiment is from Flourishes- Friendship & Flowers,
 another Sam Pickard design.
The little flower is from Flourishes- Tiny Flowers & Tags.
And some more of the faux stitching.
(Yeah, it's a little wonky, but ssh sometimes, that's how I sew too! LOL)

Here you see the the Birthday Sentiment- from Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites,
stamped with Stazon Ink.
 (You need to use Stazon because of the waxy surface.)
The little tab sticker on the side is by Basic Grey (Capture) 
 & the sentiment used there is by Flourishes- Angelic Love. 
My little chipboard flower is by Bo Bunny.

The inside,
 just stamping  Flourishes-Wild Roses, by Sam Pickard again.
 Leaving enough room to write a personal note.

 More faux stitching on the front of the card & SU- Corner Punch for the bottom corners.
Hope you like!

DON'T FORGET! (Like me...)
About my challenge & giveaway, you still have time to participate.
Check here:
http://tladydesigns.blogspot.com/2014/03/a-card-campaign-for-jan-marie-giveaway.html#comment-form
(Thank You ladies who have already sent Jan Marie cards, regardless of my give-away.
 Jan Marie told me they are coming in.)


Happily Stamping Away!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
Paper Studio Paper
Memento Ink

***I will be entering this in a Simon Says Challenge***
 http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/simon-says-happy-birthday/#comments





2 comments:

  1. It's so good to use and experiment with new goodies... I love the elements you mixed together to make this card, the little bag, the tag, the patterns... A great birthday card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers and the papers you chose to surround them with! Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!