Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Happy Easter!

Hi Blog Friends!
"HAPPY EASTER!" 

Easter is the time for fresh beginnings.
 Christ dying for our sins that we might be made new in Him!
"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away behold all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17.

Today I have a special treat for you!
I made some little Easter Baskets with special tags & a sweet treat!
I love the set by 
 Flourishes- Easter Wishes
 & this is the set I used to make my tags.
This set just has a nice Vintage feel to it which I love!
If you haven't gotten this set, just give Flourishes a call to see if they have it in stock!
Call: 850-475-1575
Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Take a peek at what I've made:
 The little baskets were made with SU-Petal Cone Die & you're just getting a peek at the tags here.
(SU- has the SU Petal Cone Die in the clearance area.
 Personally, I don't like to spend top dollar for these dies.
 I wait till they're on sale.) 

Here's a better look at the little basket & one of the tags. I actually changed where I put the tag, as I decided to add it to the outside of the cellophane wrap.
I love all the bright Spring colors!

 Here is the Blue tag.

This one is for our son, in one of his favorite colors.

A pink tag.

This one is for our daughter in her favorite color.

A yellow tag.

The yellow tag on the green basket for one of our daughters friends.

A purple tag.

The purple basket for another of our daughters friends.

I just think that Easter Egg image is perfect for these little baskets.
 I love the fact that you can color them any color you want for your project &
 did you notice the glitter?
 Love it!
This set has several images & several sentiments that go with it.
 It is a wonderful Easter Set.

Now, that Easter Egg image also conjured up some memories for me.
 My mother would make us wonderful homemade Chocolate Easter Eggs when I was younger & I have made these goodies for our children too!
 This recipe comes from the Columbus Dispatch in April 7, 1966, by Daisie C. Wilson.
Seriously, I could NEVER get enough of these scrumptious chocolaty treats!

Take a peek:
Oh My, they melt in your mouth!

Here's the recipe so you can make them for your family.
 Believe me, they'll fast become a family favorite & tradition!

CHOCOLATE EASTER EGGS
1/4 lb. Butter, melted
1 Large package Chocolate Pudding Mix (Not Instant)
1 lb. Confectioners Sugar
1/2 c. Milk
1 t. Vanilla
Unsweetened Chocolate
1 c. Chopped Walnuts

Melt butter. Add Pudding & mix, blending well. Add Milk & bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Allow to boil 2 min's. or until mixture thickens.

Remove from heat & add Confectioners Sugar all at once; add Vanilla & Nuts. Stir until smooth.

Using a large Tablespoon, mold the stiff mixture into egg shapes on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Chill for 30 min's.

Dip molded eggs into melted Unsweetened Chocolate & return to the parchment paper & refrigerate until dry.

Decorate as desired. (I use Betty Crocker Canned Icing)
Makes 12 Large Eggs.

This Icing is yummy on these Chocolaty eggs & even has the tips for decorating!
I also used these items for packaging them up to deliver them!
 This is the first time I've used these Baking Cups.
 I've admired them for awhile, but I discovered they are a little stiff & they need to be pressed out a little to hold the eggs.
 The Mini Loaf Kit offers cardboard to place the eggs on.
 In the college dorm room it gives a surface to slice the eggs on & of course a bag to slide it into. Then, the student can keep them in their refrigerators for freshness & keep the buggies out!
 (Believe me, the bugs will love this!) LOL
Another idea: 
 Use Peanut Butter non-bake Fudge for the center, (My husbands favorite!)
 Vanilla Pudding & add Merichino Cherries,
 or any other flavor of Pudding that needs to be cooked.
Hope you enjoy your Easter with your families & remember what this season is all about.
 Not only the death of Christ our Lord, but HIS RESURRECTION!

Happy Easter!
TLady

*** This will be entered into the Simon Says Challenge***
Here:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge/

***Also entered into the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog***
Here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-5-pick-stamp-any-stamp.html

If you have any questions about the supplies used or how I made the Easter Basket just leave me a comment & I'll be happy to answer your questions!

Don't forget to tell me what you think! I'd love to hear!:)

*****UPDATE: My project has won "Favorites" over at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!*****



18 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It all looks amazing. Those Easter baskets look so lovely, that stamp set is one of the non-floral sets that has caught my eye from Flourishes, I really like it! And your chocolate looks yummy, it MUST be delicious!!! Thank you for sharing your recipe! My son would be delighted if I made those... Happy Easter to you too, and many blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! The doily design on the basket adds a sweet touch and the glittery tags are lovely. Good job on getting the icing on the eggs to look so professional :) The baskets and eggs look like something from a candy shoppe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Easter baskets, so pretty and colourful & I love the sparkly egg tags.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow. what gorgeous Easter baskets and those Chocolate Easter eggs look sooooo delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What darling little Easter baskets. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful creations.
    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What do I think? I think you're still being an absolute fool for promoting Flourishes, especially given the fact that they've said NOTHING to back up your ridiculous claims that they're "not dead."

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work and colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...what a beautiful array of Easter baskets...all lovingly prepared and fabulously presented! Thanks for sharing your stamping hoard with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #5: PIck a Stamp, any Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your baskets are so gorgeous, love the colors. And those chocolates, they're to die for...look soooo yummy, and I love how you offered other variations. What a great job you did. May you and your family have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those baskets are awesome!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful baskets! Thank you for the wonderful recipe! Easter Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute Easter baskets! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Easter baskets are so adorable! Thanks for playing along with Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those little baskets are so cute. I love the colorful tags! Great project. Blessed Easter! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What beautiful baskets!! Love those bright, colorful, and glittery tags! Beautiful work. Blessed Resurrection Sunday! Thanks for sharing your style with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Easter baskets! I love the tags you created so bright and springy! Thanks for playing with us at CHACB.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on being chosen as a favorite in Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #5! Your work is absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!