Tuesday, April 29, 2014

We're So Proud!

Hi Blog Friends!

I would have been here sooner, but we caught a nasty cold/flu over Easter weekend.
 I called the pharmacy one day to have some prescriptions filled & I could tell it was a busy, stressful day for all there.
 First, my call was answered after ringing off the hook--- I was near hanging up.
 The poor girl that answered the phone sounded a little exasperated & aggravated at my call, but she took my order & by the time I had given her all my information, she was changed!
 She could tell I was sick & her attitude toward my call was totally different.
 I had to giggle. I did sound that bad!
 After going through boxes of Kleenex, Chicken Noodle Soup & cold/flu medicine, here I am! I'm not quite over it yet! If you see me out in public, I'm the one with the red nose & froggy voice! LOL

I have a Graduation Card to show you today.
Our son is Graduating from College soon & we are all so proud of him!
If you've been following me for awhile, you know the struggles we've gone through with the Public Education System & the struggles of dealing with bullies.
College was a time for our son to flourish & shine.
His major was in Mathematics & a minor in Physics.
He will receive recognition for Community Service while in College--
he worked with under privileged children & wants to continue this.
He will also be recognized for being in
Kappa Mu Epsilon
which is a National Mathematics Honor Society for Students of Mathematics.
The requirements are a completion of three college mathematics courses, a ranking in the upper 35% of your class, & completion of three semesters of college courses.
Our son will be doing his Graduate Studies this fall going for his MBA.
I am a very proud ma-ma!

Here is his card:
This card measures- 5 1/2" x 6"

I used the sketch from Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.
(You still have time to jump in on this challenge. It closes May 4th, at midnight PT.)
Check here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/04/guest-designers-challenge-6.html#comment-form
The Challenge is #6- A Sketch With A Twist. Use one item that was old-- That would be my Red card stock. I buy the good stuff & then hang onto it for special occasions. LOL And to add one new item--that would be the Paper Studio Designer Paper. Picked up specifically for this card. And how did I combine them? They work well together, don't you think? One always has to have good card stock & nice designer paper.

Of course, I used a Flourishes set- Hats Off To You.
A wonderful set by Lauren Pope.

I purchased this set about a year ago when our daughter graduated from High School.
 I was looking for "The Perfect Graduation Stamp Set."
 There are other images in this set that are wonderful too, even a computer!
 Give Flourishes a call if you are looking for the perfect Graduation Stamp Set!
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575
I'm sure they'll take your order.

Here's the inside!

 So, what do you think?
Let me know? I'd love to hear. All comments are very much appreciated.

One Proud Ma-Ma!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
Flourishes- Classic Window Template Die
Spellbinders- Classic Circle Die
SU- Real Red Card Stock
Grafix Vellum
Paper Studio- Designer Paper
Black Embroidery Floss
Gold Twisty-Tie (for the tassel)
Ribbon
PTI- Star Gazer Die
Glue Dots
Derwent Metallic Gold Colored Pencil
Dimensionals
Jolee's Boutique-Mortar Board
Faber-Castell- Perfection Pencil Eraser
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink







16 comments:

  1. Very elegant Becky!!! Nice color combination, and great use of the sketch too. Congratulations on your boy graduating and I hope you get over that cold once and for all soon! :D:D:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have every right to be proud. I congratulate you and your son...good job! Glad to hear you are on the mends, but be careful, it likes to re-visit...I know. Great job on the card...nice combination, your son should love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice graduation card, congrats to your son graduating! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful graduation card! I love the colors and the stamp set is just so perfect! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear you've been sick! I hope you're all better now! That's a great card! Woohoo for your clever son! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh congratulations on your son's wonderful accomplishment - you have every right to be super proud! Bravo!!! And so sorry you've been sick. Hope you heal quickly and enjoy your special time to shine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the elements you added, especially the tassel.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, love what you've done with the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever interpretation of the sketch. . .looks like a mortarboard! Those stars are perfect and add just the right amount of glitz to your lovely card! Thanks for twisting the sketch with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great card...and a great interpretation of the sketch! Love the bold colors and clean design! Thanks for joining the fun at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge #6!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!!! My DS graduates HS next month and I will officially be an empty nester this fall - both of the kiddos in college!!! Great card - I need to get a move on as I have about a dozen to make before the first of June....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is wonderful. But, I have to say I cried a little when you talked about your son. I have on son in college (jr. this year) and a daughter who is a college freshman this year. My younger son is finishing up 8th grade. I know how proud you must be. And after such a rough time of it before! We homeschool, so my kids are spared most of the ugly side of public school, thankfully! Anyway....I said a prayer for you and for your son! Congratulations to him! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. And so you should be proud! Your card is a great tribute to his hard work. Great way to use the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  14. awesome Grad card!!! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous Graduation Card.... Thanks for taking part in the Hoarders Craft Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This card is awesome and well deserved! I love the tassel and the gold velum. Thanks for sharing your story and your beautiful card with us at CHACB. Congrats to your son!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!