Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"For My Friend"

Hi Blog Friends!

"A friend loveth at all times," Proverbs 17: 17a

I have a card for you today that I made for a friend of mine.
Finished, it makes me think of a dreamy summer day....
My friend will be receiving this soon in the mail & will probably spot it here first! LOL
This friend is one who I have been friends with for many years, since our youth--
we had many of those dreamy summer days together, dreaming of our futures.
We met it seems, when we both needed a friend, we were "wall flowers,"
 & we just hit it off from there.
We were seen together all the time & were told we even looked alike.
We even liked the same things--art!

We drove around town in her orange Nova, yes I said "Orange," & it was bright too! LOL
We just had a blast together!
I would follow along as she shopped for pretty clothes & then out for pizza which always seemed to make me sick for some reason,
 we were part of the Youth Group Leaders together,
 we taught Sunday School together,
 & we went off to college together.
We were told by one person,
 we weren't even noticed until we became friends
 & then everyone noticed us.
Isn't it amazing what one friendship can do for you?
I remember giving her one of my water-color paintings....I didn't part with them easily back then,
 or making her a plate of brownies for Christmas when she was married,
seeing her first born & letting her know,
 "Yes, he did look like her, more than his daddy,"
or so I thought.
 And I remember, the sweet gifts she gave me in return....so thoughtfully chosen.
I remember praying for her & the man she wanted to marry, as she asked,
"according to God's Will"----yep, she married him!

Her father, who is now passed was a wonderful example to me of what a "good father" was like.
 He was a kind, gentle & patient man.
 We even got into the "match making" game with her father,
 (her mother had passed when she was young) with my mother.
 Let me say, it doesn't go well when your mother overhears your talking & giggling about it in a public bathroom! LOL
(She wasn't in the bathroom by the way!)
 Needless to say, we stayed sister's only in our friendship.

Over the years we lost touch, but not long ago were able to find each other again & it has been like we never really parted.
 Although, we're older &  miles are separating us, we share our lives with each other most every day, & I thank the Lord for a chance at being her friend once again.
God has given her back to me & we are pledged to be "Sisters/Family" to each other to the end!
She is my "Dearest, Bestest Friend!"

I do send her cards, but sometimes life just gets busy, so I thought it was time to send her another!
It is nice to know that she treasures my cards.

Take a peak at what I've made:
This card was made with Flourishes- Happy Thoughts, by Sam Pickard.

I used Flourishes- Classic Frames Template Dies & Flourishes- Classic Keyhole Template Die;
 the sentiment & butterfly on the front are from Flourishes-Friendship & Flowers,
 another beauty by Sam Pickard.
(By the way, the Friendship & Flowers set has some wonderful Friendship sentiments that anyone would love. I thought of my friend when I got this set. The sentiments in this set warm the heart.)

This is my first time using the set "Happy Thoughts."
Flourishes offered this set for the "Flourishes Flip Loyalty Program," but last I saw it,
it was in the store being offered to all.
Remember, if you see anything you like, to call  the
 Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Flourishes is The Classic Stamping Store that offers you images that are timeless.

 Maybe, you noticed my green "butterfly?" Well, I was thinking of a moth we discovered when we first moved here. You don't think of moths as being beautiful, but this one was!
I'm guessing it was a "Luna Moth."
We haven't seen any since.
I colored this lovely with Faber-Castell Artist Crayons & added Stickles.
You can see  pictures of a Luna Moth here:
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=luna+moth+pictures&qpvt=luna+moth+pictures&FORM=IGRE


This is a close-up using Stippling.
 I first used my Faber-Castell Artist Crayons,
 giving a blue cloud around my flowers where I wanted a deeper blue.
 Then, I used my Letraset Water Color Markers & stippled more blue.
 I then gave this a light wash with a blender pen & finished it off with my
Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen-white 101.
 I did the same with the flowers, leaving off the White Pitt Pen, of course with a different color.
You can see the Stickles on the center of the flowers
 & the Glitter Gel Pen on the smaller green little buds.
They almost look 3-D!

You can see I did Stippling all over my card.
 I sponged the edge of the base card  (4 1/4" x 5 1/2"),
& then I used my Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen- White 101 to soften the edges even more
 & give it a textured look with Stippling.
You'll notice I did the "Spotlighting Technique" too with Flourishes- Classic Frames Template Die.

This is the inside:
 Sponging the edges & using Flourishes- Happy Thoughts image.
 I used my Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Pen-White 101, Stippling the petals of the flowers,
 & Inkssentials Opaque White Pen for the stems & delicate lines.
The sentiment is from Flourishes- Friendship & Flowers.

Don't forget a matching envelope to tie your design all together.
The recipient will know that something special is inside!
I know how I feel when someone sends me a card or handwritten note,
a rarity that is for sure these days with all the technology!

"A man that hath friends must shew himself friendly:
 and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother." 
Proverbs 18:24.
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- Paper
Ink- SU & Versafine
SU- Corner Punches
Dimensionals
Paper Studio- Rhinestones
WRMK- Envelope Punch Board

*** I have entered this in the 
 Shopping Our Stash Challenge Blog***
Check here:
http://shoppingourstash.blogspot.com/
The Challenge this week is to stamp your background, SOS#153.
Due by June 2nd, 11:55 p.m.

***Also entered into the 
Card Envy Challenge Blog***
Check here:
http://www.cardsinenvy.blogspot.com/2014/05/winged-things-card-challenge.html#comment-form
The Challenge this week is, Winged Things-A2 Cards.
Ends Sunday, June 1rst, at 6 p.m. CT









7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is GORGEOUS! Thanks for explaining all the techniques you used! I think your friend will LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I love all the layers and the pretty butterfly! Thanks for sharing with us at Cards in Envy for our Winged Things A2 card challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    What a beautiful card you've created, and I like how you accent the envelope, great idea. I love your coloring technique, and the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty and love the colors!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with Cards In Envy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card! Love the colours, the layers, the stickles and the butterfly! Just a great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping our Stash for the "Background Check" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so pretty and I love the wonderful texture created by your stippling. Thanks so much for joining us at Cards in Envy and Good Luck! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!