Monday, May 19, 2014

Forever Love!

Hi Blog Friends!

I think I have finally recovered...
I think I would have recovered sooner if George, our long haired black cat,
 hadn't seen it necessary to wake me up several nights in a row! LOL
 He is our snuggler!

He doesn't like it when you wake him up though!
George doesn't look too thrilled here either, but he just has that look about him, unless it comes to his food! LOL
 
But, I wanted to share a card with you today.
With Graduations from College usually come Weddings.
Some of our son's friends are getting married, so this is only one of the wedding cards that I'll be doing.
I looked through my stash of Flourishes stamps & came up with a few sets I could use.
Let me show you what I made:
 I used Flourishes- Roses Are Red & Flourishes- From the Heart. 
(This photo seemed to come out looking more like the real thing!)

 I also used Faber-Castell Pitt Pastell Pencils to color my image.

I know a lot of people like White on White for Wedding Cards & I almost went that way,
 but this image cries out to be colored!
 It was so much fun coloring it in with my new Faber-Castell Pastell Pencils,
that my husband surprised me with for Mother's Day!
These pencils are  chalk pencils. The nice thing is they don't leave a lot of dust.
 I used a Gray Paper Stump for blending the Pastells, along with a Sanding Paper Block to keep my colors from becoming muddy.

 I layered the image up on dimensionals for added interest & to help make the image pop. Adding a few Paper Studio- rhinestones to give just a little sparkle because really,

this card is all about the image!
So, what do you think?

Call Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575

All comments are welcome & make me smile!

Love is in the air!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
Memento Ink
Tree House Studio- Clear Acrylic Matte Coating
(You do need to seal the pastells to keep them from smearing)
Ribbon
Dick Blick- Gray Paper Stumps
Dick Blick- Sanding Paper Block






3 comments:

  1. Becky,
    What a gorgeous card, I'm sure they will love it. You did a great job at coloring. Just gorgeous...good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent Coloring and a very beautiful card! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!