Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Gift Giving Inspiration!

Hi Blog Friends!

I have a few things to show you today & as you look,

Don't forget to call Flourishes if you see anything you like!
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Toll Free: 888-475-1575
 We have been working away here,
& running about like little spring birds gathering for their nests,
 getting ready for our son's big day--
College Graduation!
Seems there is so much to do!
Well, one of our son's friends parents, is having a cook-out
 for all of their child's friends & their families after Graduation.
What a nice thing to do!
So I of course, had to pick up a nice
"Hostess Gift"
for such a gracious Hostess!
(I'll be taking some food to help out too. Maybe, I'll share that recipe later...!)
What do you do when you have a gift to give? 
Make cards! 
I made a Thank You card to be sent after the cook out,
 & a matching Gift Card to go with our gift.
Here is my inspiration:
Something as simple as Tissue Wrap!
When I have a gift to give,
 I sometimes, like to use wrapping paper as my inspiration--making everything coordinate.
 I didn't like the wrapping paper Wal-mart had, so I chose the Tissue Paper. 
Then I had to find ribbon for the gift wrap.
I thought this ribbon looked so pretty!
 I could nearly use any color in the tissue paper pack to match.
  I love lots of pretty ribbon when wrapping.
I used two of these large spools.
Next, are the cards---
 I started with the Thank You Card to be sent after the Cook-Out. 
I used Flourishes- A Year In Flowers-2,
 and my sketch is from SCS.

I love these colors!
Yep, I used some of that pretty ribbon on my card.
I also used Flourishes- Classic Hourglass Template Die.

I colored the image in with Letraset Aqua Markers; I also used Distress Markers, & SU Markers.
(I am still working on collecting all of the Letraset Aqua Markers.
 These were also purchased through Flourishes.)
You can click on the image to enlarge it & you'll see I also used Stickles- Star Dust on the stamen's of these lovely pink lilies. I also used just a little bit of pointillism on the background for the lilies.

The sentiment I chose for the front on my card is from Flourishes- Picking Wildflowers.

Here the inside of my card,
the sentiment comes again, from Flourishes- Picking Wildflowers
along with the little flower image.

Here is my gift tag:
Remember, it's a matching tag.
I changed the sketch just a little to add interest.

The inside....
 I didn't want to hand write "To & From,"
 so I stamped this with a stamp I got from a grab bag ages ago.

Here are the two cards side by side.
The Thank You card is 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" & the Gift Card is 4 1/4" x 3 1/2".

Now for the wrapped gift:
Here you can see how the tissue paper, the ribbon & the Gift Tag all work nicely together.
( I just told my husband, I think I need to enlarge my light box--- PVC is on the "To get" list! LOL)
I topped off my gift with a big Tissue Paper Flower.

Hope this inspires you if you have some gift giving to do!

Still scurrying about!
TLady

P.S. Don't forget to add your "gift receipt" to the inside.
 It's not the amount you spend, but the thought;
you want them to be happy with what they've received.

Supplies not mentioned above:
Ribbon
Versa Fine- Vintage Sepia
"To & From"- Sunday International-retired
Homemade Enamel Dots
Dimensionals
SU- Scallop Edge Punch
Paper Studio Paper
Stamp-a-ma-jig

All comments are so appreciated! I love hearing from each of you!

***P.S.S. Nancy asked, "What's inside the box?" I didn't take a picture of the gift, but it's a pretty Crystal "Hospitality Trifle Bowl."  The design on the sides is of pineapples. Pineapples being the sign of Hospitality. We can never have too much Sparkly!***

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky! What a fabulous looking gift...but what's inside it? lol That ribbon you used is gorgeous, and so is the big flower! I really like the cards too...really lovely stamping!
    Thanks so much for your congratulations on my win! I'm very excited about doing some shopping! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards, lively colors, perfect for the occasion. Great wrapping, love the ribbon...perfect gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness - you are a very talented lady! Congratulations on your son's graduation - I bet you are so proud! This is a lovely hostess gift and I'm sure she will be thrilled to receive it. Have a blessed Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I was visiting my sweet friend Abby and saw your icon in the comment section so I clicked on it :) Your header is simply lovely and I must tell you that my mother-in-law just gave me a tea cup that looks just like the one in your header. The tea cup belonged to her mother and has a sweet story behind it.

    Your cards are beautiful and very creative - I had a wonderful time scrolling through your blog. I would love to follow along, but for some odd reason the GFC is acting up so I will be back. Have a blessed evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!