Friday, May 16, 2014

Recuperating & a CAS "Thank You!"

Hi Blog Friends!

Oh my, Thank You if you said a word of prayer for us this past week & weekend!
 It was a busy week of moving our kids "stuff" home from college on two different days.
And you would think, the College would have all the kinks worked out,
 for as many times as they've done this type of thing....NO, not at all! 
We felt thrown to the wind with no one directing traffic & no where to sit when we finally made our way into where the Graduation would take place.
It was everyone for themselves.
  Lots of chairs "saved" & no one filled them.
 There were people everywhere!
Even wearing low heels didn't help.
 We stood through all the "pomp & circumstance" & 404 Graduates walking across the platform,
 & walking around afterwards....OUCH!
But, it was a SPECIAL TIME for us & we tried to enjoy it to the fullest, even with aching feet.
 (Thank the Lord, for the cook-out, & the little oasis it gave us in all the flurry of excitement
 & even a chair to sit in. LOL) 
It took us a few days to recuperate from all the moving & the aching feet & might I add, aching body! (I think age has caught up with us. LOL)
So, "Thank You" for your prayers this past week & weekend!

Today, I have a CAS "Thank You" card to show you.
A simple way to do your cards a little different, use up material if you're a sewer, or just add a different feel to your cards.
It is also nice to use Material if you're lacking the right Designer Paper.

Craft Hoarders Challenge Blog has a challenge right now,
 Challenge # 7- Ribbon, Lace & Twine, Oh My!
 For more details & to play along, check here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/05/challenge-7-ribbon-lace-and-twine-oh-my.html
I will be entering my card in this challenge.

Pick a pretty print Material you want to work with
 & make sure you iron it first thing.
 Ironing the material will make the material easier to work with.
I've made several cards & thought this would make a nice gift set too.
 All you need to do is make a box/envelope to match with the same print material.
 I thought it best not to make a box/envelope to hold these cards this time,
 because I knew they would be quickly going out in the mail.
I thought this material was so pretty & cheery.
 It has touches of gold in it too, which I knew would add a touch of elegance,
along with my Gold Krylon Pen.

My card is the standard A2 Size- 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
The next layer is 4 3/4" x 3 1/2"- I used my Gold Krylon Pen to color just the edges of the paper.
Next is the layer you will add your material to-- 4 1/2" x 3 1/4".
The Material is cut at 3 3/4" x 5 1/4"--just a little bigger than the 4 1/2" x 3 1/4" layer.
Have these pieces cut, ready to go & laid out--the material face down.
Take your crafting outside for this part--
 Spray a Multipurpose Spray Adhesive onto the card stock,
 (I used 3M Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive),
 then lay the card stock face down onto the backside of your material pieces & press it smooth.
Make sure you do this on a piece of old News Paper that you can toss.
 I can't imagine sitting where I'd sprayed this goo! LOL
Then trim off the excess of the material & you have the face of your card ready to go.
I added ribbon, attaching it on the back with double sided tape, on one end of the face.
 I also added a little piece of double sided tape to the back of the ribbon, for the front---so it would attach to the material & not buckle up with pulling it tight to the other side.

I used Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites for the sentiment
 & Flourishes- Classic Frames Template Die.
I edged the die with my Krylon Gold Pen
 & added gold dots with my Faber-Castell Gold 250** Pitt Artist Pen.
The layer with the material is popped up on Dimensionals & so is the Classic Frames Template Die.
To continue the gold dots that are on the material & what I already added to the die,
 I added 3 little rhinestones-Paper Studio, that I colored Gold with my Krylon Pen.
 Lastly, I edged the card with my Gold Krylon Pen.


Super simple!
So, what do you think?

If you see anything you like call the
  Flourishes store.
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Toll Free: 888-475-1575
I'm sure Jan Marie & Mike will be happy to fill your orders!
Keep hanging in there with us. We're still working out some issues.

All comments are very much appreciated & bring a smile to my face! :)
Thanking YOU for your prayers this past week & weekend!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- Ink


12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Becky, what gorgeous cards. Love the fabric colors, so festive. I have quite a stash...quite a stash, so I will have to look at it in a different way now. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you like my cards Blue Rose! :) It does give you a whole new perspective doesn't it? You have more "Designer" goodies to work with! Would love to see what you do with this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that purple ribbon paired with those lovely pansies! Thanks for joining in on Challenge #8 at Craft Hoarders Anonymous: Ribbon, Lace and Twine, oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful, love all the purple! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such bold and beautiful colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the saturated colors of this. Pansies are my favorite flower! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow...this is so pretty!! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Card...Thanks for sharing with us on the Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Becky, what an exciting event (the graduation), but I'm so sorry it "took its toll" on you and your body...I can identify with that at my age!! This is a gorgeous card, and I love the beautiful papers and the gold edging! Must get myself a new Krylon pen...what a beautiful touch it adds! And I love this sentiment in the frame. I need to use that! So glad to see another beautiful card from you, sweet friend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very, very pretty and elegant! Lovely in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the pansies...the colors are beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!