Wednesday, June 25, 2014

A Soothing Tea Creation & a Recipe!

Hi Blog Friends!

Today I've brought you a fairly new set from Flourishes.
Coffee & Tea images seem to be all the rage as people celebrate their favorite drink;
 even I love to buy coffee & tea images.
(Actually, Tea Images were some of the first images I purchased when I began stamping.) 
 Tea images are some of  my favorite!
I love the ritual of having tea & all the finery...!
And when you are ill, there is nothing more soothing than a cup of tea,
 so I made my card a "Get Well" Card.

Here's a funny little poem for you, I think it will give you a chuckle:

The Doctor's Prescription
A purse, a purse, for better or worse,
Indeed, would you know it, I've married a purse.
My wife's little daughter once fell very ill,
And we called for a doctor to give her a pill:
He wrote a prescription which now we will give her,
In which he has ordered a  mosquito's liver,
And then in addition the heart of a flea,
And half pound of fly wings to make her some tea.

This is from the Chinese Mother goose Rhymes, of 1900.
( From Tea Poetry, compiled by Pearl Dexter.)

I have been admiring the Pop-Up Box Cards out there since they came out & I've never made one.
So, I thought it was time.
Check here for a Tutorial:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/popupboxcard/
(This one from SCS is a Large Pop-Up Box Card.)
or
Check here for another Tutorial:
http://dawnsstampingthoughts.typepad.com/dawns_stampin_studio/2014/06/pop-up-box-card-video.html
(This one is a Smaller version of the Pop-Up Box Card. )
You will want to view both of the videos to these tutorials as they both are very different from one another & offer their own tips.

I used a favorite tea of mine for inspiration,
"Lady Londonderry,"
 from The Tea Table.
(Of which I can no longer have, due to it not being decaf. :(
But, that doesn't mean you can't have some! It is my all-time favorite!)
(Check here: http://www.theteatable.com/product/LL.html )
The flavor is Lemon & Strawberries, Oh my!
Inspiration can come from anywhere!

And don't forget, if you want any Flourishes Images shown, or those not shown, you can call the
Flourishes Store
Call:  850-475-1575
Or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Someone is waiting to serve you!
(Oh, I so want some 4th of July Stamps right now!)

The secret to this card is to keep all your die cuts or stamped images & embellishments
inside 
until the box is opened.
The little Tea Cup from Flourishes- Grab a Cup fits nicely into this Pop-Up Box Card.

Take a peak:
 I used Flourishes- Grab a Cup for my images along with Flourishes- Berry Sweet Frame.

I colored my images with Copics & Prisma Color Markers.

 I used Diamond Glaze on the tea in my cup & the flesh part of the lemon.

Look closely & you can see my "Get Well" message.
 I used Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites along with Flourishes- Classic Frames Template Die.


You can see the sections in this box.
 By the way,
I used the smaller version of the Pop-Up Box Cards & I added a section,
 giving me more surface to add images.

This is the front flap.
 I used Flourishes- Grab a Cup.
I will tell you I used the stamp "Coffee Time" from the set, & cut it in half, separating the words coffee & time.
Then I paired "time" up with the word "Tea" in the set.
(Cutting ones stamps aren't as bad as I thought it would be. LOL)

This is a close-up of what the sides look like.

 And some additional photo's for you:


This cutie folds flat & slides right into an envelope:
You can see I only have a little bit of the stamped images popping out from the top.

Don't forget to make a matching envelope.
You want the recipient to know that something special is inside for them!
For the smaller size Pop-Up Box Card, see the WRMK Envelope Board. 
I used the measurements for a 4" x 5 1/2" (5-Bar) card size for my card.


I just love this little Pop-Up Box Card! It's really just the cutest little thing
 & will be sure to lift spirits, I'm sure.
 It's already in the mail to a very special lady in need of a pick-me-up.

Here's one of the recipes I told you about several weeks ago that I thought you might like to make.
 It's a perfect 4th of July Dessert or it can be a Tea Time Favorite.
Meg's Never Fail Brownies

8 T. Shortening
2 c. Sugar
1 t. Salt
1 t. Vanilla
Cream these till they are fluffy.
Add:
4 eggs
8 T. Sweet Milk or regular Milk
In a 2 cup Measure Cup separate from the ingredients above add:
8 T. Cocoa
Then finish filling the two cup measure with flour to the 2 c. mark.
Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients gently, mixing as you go.
Blend well.
Pour into a floured 9" x 13" baking pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 30 min's.
Check as you would a cake to be sure it is done.

You can add frosting after it is done or powdered sugar or leave them plain.
You can also add Peanut Butter pieces etc., whatever you like to the mix before you bake it.
You can't seem to go wrong with this recipe.
Believe me, you will love this recipe!
It is an old family recipe that everyone loves.
Enjoy!

So, what do you think about my card this week?
All of your comments are truly welcome & appreciated.

Enjoy some Tea today & try your hand at one of these cute little Pop-Up Box Cards!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
The Paper Studio- KellerKurtz & Company Paper
SU Paper
Recollections Paper
Glue Dots & Dimensionals
Tim Holtz- Distress Ink- Tea Dye
Tim Holtz- Distress Marker- Picket Fence
 Memento Ink
Acetate
Paper Studio- Rhinestones
SU- Markers














5 comments:

  1. WOW!! !! That is beautiful. Look at all the details!! Gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning. Great detail. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fly wing tea??? I don't think so!! lol Love the poem...and I love your fabulous project! I recently made on too and I think I'll be making many more! Your's is just too pretty! Oh, my goodness!! Those brownies look SO yummy!! You bring them over here and I'll provide the tea!
    As you can see...I am procrastinating the job of cleaning up my inbox! Visiting you is a much better idea! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a sweet card and thank you for including a brownie recipe!!! It looks delish (Yummo!) This card is one of your most detailed. You are a brilliant designer :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saw this card at splitcoaststampers.com and just had to come to your site for more details. This is one of the nicest card in a box cards I've seen on the Internet. Lovely stamps in a delightful arrangement. thanks for posting these photos!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!