Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Flourishes News for you & a "Happy Father's Day" Card!

Hi Blog Friends!

I do have a card for you today, but first & foremost, I  have a bit of  Flourishes News for you from
 Jan Marie!
I talked directly to Jan Marie last week,
 & for Jan Marie's loyal customer's,
 she wanted me to let you know how she is doing. 
She isn't doing so well right now & is in critical condition.
( This is from me now, Please keep Jan Marie in your prayers & I am sure she wouldn't mind you putting Flourishes images to good use either--- maybe, drop a card in the mail to her? )
Flourishes LLC,
Jan Marie Caruso
4140 Lyric Lane
Pensacola, Florida
32514-6871
But, she wanted you to know that Flourishes is not dead & is not going away.
She is devastated with all that has happened... 
& that these things are only hurdles that need to be overcome.
Do "stay tuned-in" for more upcoming news!

Now, I don't know about you, but I am excited about what is to come!
Jan Marie has always brought us wonderful images to work with,
 & I have no doubt things will be up & rolling soon!
I'm ready, are you?

I created a Father's Day Card for you this week.
I wanted to use different colors than I normally do for my masculine cards
 ( I usually use earth tones),  & a new fold!

So, here's what I came up with:
I used Flourishes- Classic Window Template Die
 to create my "Double Swing (Flip-Flop) Card!"
I found a tutorial on YouTube here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCC1sUoXslI
I am always looking for "Fun Folds" for my cards!
I also used U:Create Watercolor paper-9 lb. weight, inking my stamp-
Flourishes- Mountain View
 with my Faber-Castell Big Brush Pitt Pen- black,  & Letraset Watercolor Aqua Markers.

This is the backside, or the "flip" side!
I used Flourishes- Inside & Out- Happy stamp set.
Notice, I placed an Antler Button with Linen Thread on the backside.
I thought it needed a little embellishment.

Here is a close-up of this beauty, created by Lauren Pope.
When Flourishes first came out with this stamp set, I knew I had to have it!
My husband is an out-door's man & enjoys images like this too.
He's been known to use my stamps for his crafts too.

Have you ever seen one of these majestic creatures?
We opened our back door one morning to take our dog out & there in our drive-way, just standing there looking at us was a majestic elk! He was right behind our vehicle;
 it was an up-close experience!
I had to stand & just look at him for awhile!
 He was huge, standing much taller than a man or our truck!
My husband's head came up to his shoulders!
Just after I pulled back slowly as not to startle him, so I could grab the camera, he took off up the mountain side, so I wasn't able to get a picture.
 It was such a treat to see him that morning!

So, that is one of the reason's I thought the binoculars would work with this card. I think we got a very special treat that morning & not too many get that close to one of these wonderful creatures!

Hope you like my Father's Day Card & it helps to inspire you to create something extra special for those men that are Father's in your life!

Do stayed "tuned-in" for any up-coming news about Flourishes & 
remember to pray for Jan Marie!
TLady

***Challenges I will be entering this in*** 
Addicted to Stamps- The theme is "Outdoors."
Check here:
http://addicted-to-stamps-challenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/challenge-84.html#comment-form

Catered Crop- The theme is "Manly Men."
Check here:
http://cateredcrop.com/2014/06/08/manly-men-recipe-swap/#respond

That Craft Place- The theme is "Men."
Check here:
http://thatcraftplaceblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/new-challenge-men.html#comment-form

Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog-Challenge #9-  The theme is " Fold It!"
Check here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/06/guest-designers-challenge-9.html#comment-form

Make It Monday Challenge Blog- The theme is a "Male Theme."
Check here:
http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/for-males-in-your-life_9.html#comment-form

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- punches
2- Grommets
3-Brads
1-Micro Binder Clip
1-Binoculars Charm- from Crazy Crow
1-Antler Button- from Crazy Crow
Linen Thread- from The Log Cabin Shoppe
Memento Black Ink
Letraset Water Color Aqua Markers- You can find them at Dick Blick here:
http://www.dickblick.com/products/letraset-aquamarkers/













11 comments:

  1. Fantastic card TLady! That stag is magnificent!
    Thanks for taking the time out to visit my blog & leave me a lovely comment!
    Hugs
    Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty..love the folds! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such a great card!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,
    That is a very handsome card, nice color scheme. You did a great coloring job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic masculine card! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely masculine card. Love the fold and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card - I love the double swing!! The colors you used and all the extra touches (binoculars charm, antler button and binder clip) you added really make this card special. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday,
    Joan, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great folded beauty! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful card! Thanks for playing along with the Craft Hoarders Anonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great manly folded card! I will keep Jan Marie in my prayers. I pray for healing and strength and peace of mind. Sending her gentle hugs. Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the challenge! Thanks for playing along with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!