Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Together Forever!

Hi Blog Friends!

I am back again this week with another Wedding Card.
Perfect, since June is a month usually filled with weddings.
I think this one came out beautifully & so far is my favorite.
I wanted to do a white on white with silver & just take a look at what I came up with!
Let's start with the gift tag:


The silver embossing powder looks a little dark, but believe me, in real life it is gorgeous!
 Next, the Wedding Card it's self:
I used the sketch from SCS this week:
 I just gave it a little turn.

This card came out exactly like I wanted.
 Don't you just love it when that happens?
The image is from Flourishes- Roses Are Red 
& the sentiment is from Flourishes- Picking Wildflowers. 
(Yes, I am loving these sets lately! Perfect for all things love.)

Don't forget, if you've been inspired & see something you like,
 call the
 Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Jan Marie & Mike will be happy to help you with your order.
 Back to my creation, lots of dry embossing & heat embossing with this project. 
I used SU- Manhatten Flowers, & Elegant Lines, & Cuddlebug- Victoria.
 I also used SU- Silver Embossing Powder & Versa Mark.

And a gorgeous Satin Flower!

I found a tutorial here:
You'll love this!

Here is what some of my tries looked like. They're tricky & it takes practice.
(Some look a little burnt or dirty---just the lighting I assure you!)
You can see the different shapes, but they're supposed to be round & flat.
( Do think kindly, these are my first tries. LOL )
 I also discovered you will get 9 Roses from 18 ft. of Ribbon---each rose is made with 24" of ribbon. I  used ribbon that is 7/8" wide.
You can make these satiny lovelies as small or as large as you like;
 mix it up & try a different type of ribbon if you like,
 or spritz them & dye them whatever color your heart desires.
There are endless possibilities with these lovelies!
 The lady on the You Tube Video suggests 1"- 1 1/2" wide ribbon. Watch her closely!
 It's a  super tutorial.

 This is the Rose I chose to attach to my card.
 I am extremely pleased with how it came out.
One suggestion, when using the hot glue gun---if you have one of the larger glue guns, set it on low. 

The inside of my card:
Quite simply stated!
The rose image is from Flourishes- Roses Are Red, 
& the sentiment is from Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites.

Next, I have the envelope!
You wouldn't think I'd get so excited over an envelope, but.....
I saw this this week & fell in love with it
 & knew this would be the way I would do my envelope for this card.
Take a peak:
 Lots of flowers from Flourishes- Roses Are Red, 
& the scroll is from Flourishes- From The Heart.
 I'll write the Bride & Groom's names there.

This Envelope is 3/8" deep. A perfect envie for a special  3-D Card.

This is the backside of this special envelope.
I used Flourishes- Wild Roses. 
The embossing is done with a Spellbinders Corner Die, (ODB).

How to make the Box Envelope:
Using the WRMK Envelope Punch Board,
create an envelope size one size larger than you are desiring--without folding it.
 I made an envelope for the card size 4 1/2" x 6"; my card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
Once your envelope is punched & scored, next line it up as below
Use the curve from the aqua colored punch  & line it up against the punch, then score again.
If you enlarge the photo, you'll be able to see where I scored my second line--
yes, you would move it over just a little more.
 Do this with each already punched area.
I used my Score-Buddy to finish off the scoring--where you don't get a good score line.

Go ahead & fold your score lines.
Decorate your envelope while it is flat, masking, embossing, etc.,
 then glue your envelope with a good adhesive.
 I used Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive.

Now, my finished combo:
I am totally pleased with how this set came out.
Perfect for a June Wedding!

Be watching for another Wedding Card in the near future!
Know all comments are gladly welcome & much appreciated!

What a wonderful time for this young couple, the beginning of their lives 
"Together Forever!"
TLady

***Just a little note for those who have a blog:
 Be sure to add your Blog Address to the back of your creations***

**** I will be entering this card in the challenges below****
Craft-Dee-BowZ- June Challenge- Anything Goes with a Handmade Bow.
Check Here:
http://craft-deebowz.blogspot.com/2014/06/june-challenge.html

Make My Monday- Weekly Challenge-The theme is Wedding.
Check Here:
http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.com/2014/06/wedding-theme.html#comment-form

Vintage Stamping Challenge #21- The theme is Summer Blooms.
The main focal point should be stamping.
Challenge closing- Midnight, Sunday, 6 July 2014.
Winners & Highly Desireables announced- Monday, 14 July 2014.
Check Here:
http://www.flonzcraft.com/vsc/?p=1499#respond

Our Daily Bread- The Challenge is White on White
Check Here:
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/

Supplies not mentioned above:
My Gift Card is 3" x 3"
Spellbinders- Classic Oval
SU- Pretties Kit
Paper Studio- Pearls & Rhinestones
Glue Dots
Dimensionals
SU- 1/8" Hand held punch
Sheer Ribbon
Satin Ribbon










13 comments:

  1. This is an absolutely beautiful wedding card/set. The simplicity of the silver and white is so elegant. You've outdone yourself..even the gift tag is a keeper :) Hoping that you'll win at least one challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a beautiful wedding set! I LOVE all of it! You did an excellent job creating that beautiful flower, and I love all the silver with the white. Absolutely GORGEOUS! I just had a thought -- you ought to create Thank You notes for the bride using the same materials. She'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is perfect - from the bow to the rose to your color choice! I love the embossing also. Great step by step directions. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday, Joan DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a stunning card! Your roses are fantastic. Love the embossing and the bow! Thanks for playing along with the Craft-Dee BowZ June Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your wedding ensemble is very pretty. I love your roses, will have to try those myself. Thanks for the link. Thanks for joining us at the Craft-Dee BowZ challenge this month. Also, starting Wednesday nite 10 pm, Craft-Dee BowZ is having our June Blog Hop. Leave comments on the DT posts to be eligible for the prize. Hope you can join in the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A totally delightful wedding set, thanks so much for sharing with us at FlonzCraft Vintage Stamping Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning wedding ensemble!! I just love your bow, the rose and all the added texture!! Such sheer elegance. The recipient will love it!! Thanks so much for joining us at ODBD this week!! I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your creations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Becky, this is a very nice and elegant set. The Flourishes stamps you used are gorgeous. I am still not getting your newsletter, though I've subscribed at least 2 times through email the past week. Better late than never... I can't wait to see what you create together with the rest of Flourishes DT, your work will stand out for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great projects and a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has turned out to be one very special gift set! Silver on white is such a classically beautiful combination and you have created something absolutely stunning with it.
    Thank you for joining us at Vintage Stamping Challenges.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky,
    What a gorgeous set. Your ribbon rose is perfect...it does take a little practice, I know. I love your envelope, and the silver embossing just gives it the right "pop." Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Becky! Your wedding set turned out picture perfect! Love the satin roses you created! Such a precious keepsake for the new couple! So glad you joined us this week at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really beautiful creation and thanks for sharing at our MMM wedding challenge.
    Fliss MMM DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!