Tuesday, July 22, 2014

A Flourishes "Christmas in July"--Part 2!

Hi Blog Friends!

First of all, I want to say "Thank You" publicly to all my followers & those that left me a note of encouragement last week! You are appreciated more than you know!  Some of you sent me personal e-mails too--encouragement just for my eyes! God is good & He used YOU to bless me last week! "Thank You!" 
I think I have the best followers!

As I contemplated what to post this week, I couldn't let the opportunity to use some of my gorgeous Flourishes Christmas Stamps go unused!
So, I strolled by the Festive Friday Challenge blog to see what they had for inspiration...

 Festive Friday Challenge #36:
 You can join in on the challenge here:
http://festivefriday.blogspot.com/

I love the white on white & the warm glow of the fire, the lines of the fireplace, the marble, the snow flake cookies in the forefront, the white garland, the silver & the gold..... Sigh! 
"Christmas in July!" 
Who would have thought it could make one so happy?
(Of course, anytime of the year you think about Our Saviors birth, is a time that fills my heart!
 He came as a little babe, to die upon a cross for our sins, that was His purpose.
 He became our Redemption!
Yes, it is a time to celebrate with all you have!
To me, gold & silver are  always appropriate for this blessed day. 
That little babe IS a KING! 
MY KING!)

Remember, if you see anything you like call the
 Flourishes Store
Call: 850-475-1575
or 
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575
It's never too early to get those Christmas cards done! 

Here's what I made for you this week:
 I used Flourishes- Handmade Snowflakes.
Remember I told you I loved those Snowflake cookies.....

Notice the scoring across the front piece of Iridescent vellum?
This is to mimic the grate on the fireplace.
I just used my Score-Buddy & a McGill Stylus- 3mm.


Under that layer of vellum....
I used a Cuttle bug folder- Grace's Frame, to make the frame & then I used Gelatos to get the marble gray from the picture, using the color Squid. Just applying & rubbing it with my finger. I wanted it to show up just a little through the vellum.
I don't think you can see it, but I heat embossed the snowflakes with
 a combination of two embossing powders--silver & gold.
Then using my Gelatos again, I colored the center with Butter cream, then Lemon & then Mango on the outer edge, to give the warm glow of the fire, just blending them with my finger.

I topped off the card with 1/2" circles for the white balls of garland on the mantel. 
 I used glue dots to attach them & some have dimensionals behind them to make them pop- up!

If I had a "Noel" stamp from Flourishes, I would have used that, but I didn't. So, I used the "Joy" from the same set, by Flourishes- Handmade Snowflakes.
Done in gold embossing powder because Noel was gold in the photo, (on the coffee table.)
Here you can see the sparkles on the vellum itself---
just like when you photograph a fire-- the"bokeh" effect!
Iridescent Vellum just works for this!

For the inside: 
Once again, I used the lines of the white on white of the room & embossed the inside & layered it up on dimensionals,

 
& hand drawing the leafless branch  with silver balls from the mantel, with my Zig Emboss Pens
sprinkling it with silver embossing powder & heat embossing it. 
I figure the greeting 
"Warm Winter Wishes" 
should be done in a warm gold.
The inside greeting is from Flourishes- Star of Bethlehem.

 I've enjoyed making this card. It's just a tad different from what I "normally" make, but it was fun! 
I think when you start getting "artsy" when making a card, it's just pure fun!
Stepping out of your comfort zone & coming up with something that makes your heart sing!
I'm happiest when I am creating, like many of you, or singing praises to my Lord!

Do try something a "tad different" from what you normally do & just see!

Yes, I am "inspired" today! LOL 
You could tell?
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- 1/2" Circle punch
SU- Silver & Gold Embossing Powder
Grafix- Iridescent Vellum




7 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS card, Becky! I love that scored vellum! Beautiful embossing! The inside of the card is simply stunning!
    Have a great day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you included the warm glow of the fire place! This is such a warm, elegant card! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! (as for the inside, I would use that on another card front as well - it's so beautifully CAS!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my…I can't believe how you've achieved the glow of the fire place! Looks like a light is shining through! It's a beautiful card…The Festive Friday inspiration is written all over it! So happy you've joined us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,
    All I can say is WOW! Your card is simply amazing. You did an amazing job on the fire's glow, it's perfect. I also love the scoring technique, will have to give it a go. I have to ask about the vellum...how do you emboss it without melting it? Is it a certain weight?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Juanita!
    I sent you a private e-mail to answer your questions, but I will post the answers to your questions here also, for those that might have the same questions! I used Grafix Vellum--I found it at Hobby Lobby. It comes in 40 sheets, 4 styles, 10 of each & in a 12" x 12" pad. There was no weight listed on the packaging. I believe they have other pads with different colors & an 8 1/2" x 11" pad of vellum also. There is a website too: www.grafixarts.com; I'm not sure if there are tutorials there or not. But you can heat emboss on the vellum without any problems! I have found the Embossing powder melts quicker with the vellum being thinner, so do be careful not to burn it! I love using vellum! :) Thank you for your questions & for your support Juanita! You are a very sweet lady! Hope my answers help everyone wondering! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a detailed and amazingly stunning card! This is more like a Christmas gift! So pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous embossing on this lovely card! The inside is just as pretty! Thanks for playing along with Festive Friday this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!