Tuesday, July 8, 2014

A Flourishes "Christmas in July!"

Hi Blog Friends!

I think it's time for a Flourishes "Christmas in July" & what better way to celebrate,
 than with a Flourishes Christmas Image! 
I have to tell you, when it comes to Christmas stamps,
all reason goes out the window! LOL 
I just gravitate to them.
 I seem to have a lot of Christmas stamps....
When I go to  buy them, I have a hard time deciding on just one
 & end up buying several, just in case I might "need" them...
I can come up with a thousand different reasons to buy them in bulk like that!
 So, I guess it is natural, I would have a good collection of Christmas Stamps. 
But, I should tell you there are more Flourishes Christmas stamps that I long to have!

If you're longing for some Flourishes goodies, be sure to call the 
Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Someone will be there to help you meet that longing!

For my Christmas Card I chose to use the inspiration picture over at 
Festive Friday Challenges.
  You can find out more about the Festive Friday Challenge here:

And I chose to use the sketch at
 Mojo Monday Challenge.
You can find out more about the Mojo Monday Challenge here:

Here's my card:
I used Flourishes- Poinsettia & Pine.

I stamped the image with Versa Mark & heat embossed it with Silver Embossing Powder- SU.

I colored my image with Copic Markers. 

I stamped the image twice, colored it & cut them both out;
 one is only the flower though, & popped it up on dimensionals.
I also added Diamond Glaze to the berries & MS- Crystal Fine Glitter to the center of the poinsettia.
If you look really look closely at the inspiration picture, you can see blue. I incorporated blue into my image with adding blue to the pine needles & the poinsettia itself.

 My bow was made with Becca's Bow Maker,
 & the little tag is Flourishes- Classic Tags Template Dies. 
 The sentiment is from Flourishes- Seasonal Wreaths.

I didn't forget the inside:
The inside sentiment & image is from the same set
 Flourishes- Poinsettia & Pine.

Some additional photo's for you:

So what do you think? Should we have Christmas in July? 
I think I'll keep it in December here at my house,
 but I sure do enjoy making Christmas cards any time of the year!

Let me know what you think?
I look forward to reading each & everyone of your comments, &
thank you to those that take the time to leave me some love!

"Jingle bells, Jingle bells..."
TLady :) 

******UPDATE: This card was chosen for "Favorites" at SCS this week!*****

Supplies not mentioned above: 
Paper Studio- Old World Winter
Ribbon
SU- Red paper
SU- Scallop Punch
SU- Silver Tag Cording
Glue Dots

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Becky! This is the most beautiful card EVER!! I love everything about it...the plaid papers, the rich colors, the gorgeous poinsettia, the fabulous sentiment, the sparkle...EVERYTHING!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,
    Gorgeous, gorgeous, card. You do such a wonderful job at coloring. Love how you matched the paper so perfectly, and the inside, it's amazing. Love the sparkle, just perfect for the season. You did an awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! Great job, inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone of your cards is so detailed, and this no exception. Red and green plaid always looks like Christmas to me and the sparkle on the poinsettia makes it pop! I like the little extras you add, like the "Celebrate" tag at the bottom. You must save this one for a Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous (and SO very festive)...inside and out!!! So glad you enjoyed the Festive Friday inspiration...thanks so much for joining us!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I love the dimension of the poinsettia and the classic Christmas feel of the plaid! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, your card is absolutely gorgeous! You certainly do beautiful work :)

    Thank you for the delightful visit today and the kind comments. Enjoy the remainder of your week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!