Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Good Ole Fashioned Independence Day!

Hi Blog Friends!

"HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!"
(Just a little early.)

There is nothing so fun as an Independence Day Celebration,
celebrating our freedom!
The U.S.A is a unique country in that we are a free people!
After Salvation through Christ, there is nothing so precious as Freedom!
 Many people in the United States choose to celebrate this special day with their families.
 Having cook-outs/picnics, hamburgers/hot dogs, potato salad, apple pies & watermelon, parades, waving our flag, & fireworks.... The list of activities can go on & on!
We have MUCH to celebrate in being free!
I chose to make a card that might give you just a little taste of 
 "A Good Ole Fashioned Independence Day!"

If you see anything you like please call the
Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Toll Free: 888-475-1575
Flourishes is always happy to help you with your stamping needs!

Take a peak:
Of course, I had to use a plaid paper for the plaid table clothes on our picnic tables! 
(From DCWV- Spring Fling Summer Days)

I used  Flourishes- Wild For Watermelon, 
 & Flourishes- Classic Hourglass Template Die
 along with Flourishes- Season of Wreaths for my sentiment.

Here is a close-up of my image.
I used Flourishes- Classic Hourglass Template Die,
  & Flourishes- Garden Picks for the Ball Jar.
I remember when I was a teen,
 Blue Ball Jars were brought back for our Bicentennial Celebration!
 I love the blue jars!
I masked the jar & sponged the sky & the "picnic table" I'd drawn in.
(The jar needed to be grounded.)
I also used a ruler & pencil to draw lines for placement, for the pin-wheel sticks.
Going over them with an EK Success-Millennium Collection fine point pen,
  & erasing the pencil marks with my knead eraser. 
(Knead Erasers are fun to play with...kind of like "Silly Putty," 
 & they don't tear up your paper when used. It's the perfect eraser for the artist!)
 I used a Prisma Color Marker to color my Ball Jar. 
I touched my Copic Blender Pen to my colored marker
 & applied color that way, 
as I didn't want the whole thing blue & colored to give the image depth,
 going from the side to the center of the jar.
 For the short "neck" of the jar, I stroked the pen downward.
I finished off the jar by adding Diamond Glaze.

The Pinwheels were made with a SU- 1" Punch 
& snipped in the corners 
& folded down after curling the pieces just a little with my fingernail,
 so they would cooperate & be rounded rather than flat. 
I used small glue dots to hold them in place & then
I added the centers with Perfect Pearls.


The little bees are from Flourishes- Tiny Flowers & Tags.
(You always have some kind of bug at a picnic!) LOL
I raised most everything up on dimensionals, the navy base, the die, the bees, & the pinwheels! 
Some of the pinwheels are triple-layered with dimensionals to make them stand up over the others. 

Hope you are inspired & I hope you have a wonderful "Independence Day" with your families!
Remember to think about those freedoms we hold dear here in the U.S.A. that others don't have,
 & guard them!!!
Your comments are very welcome & much appreciated.

Happy Independence Day!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
Memento Ink
Versa Fine Ink
Score Buddy
Ribbon
Stickles
SU- Paper
SU- Corner Punch

*****I will be entering this card in the following challenges!*****

*Artistic Inspirations- Challenge #98 Anything Goes/Patriotic Colours-
Here:
http://artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/

*Bitten By The Bug 2- Independence Day Challenge
Here:
http://heather-bittenbythebug2.blogspot.com/

*Craft 'in Desert Divas- Red, White & Blue
Here:
http://www.craftindesertdivas.com/

*My Craft Spot- Patriotic
Here:
http://craftspotbykimberly.blogspot.com/

*The Pink Elephant- Anything Goes
Here:
http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/






14 comments:

  1. Wow! Fantastic card, Becky! That jar image is really wonderful...well, they all are! lol Today is Canada Day for us, and your card is just perfect for it! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Awesome job!
    Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your card, it's perfect!! Thanks so much for linking up at Craftin Desert Diva's!

    Krystle CDD DT
    krystlescraftyniche.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative!!! Thank you for sharing with us at Craftin' Desert Divas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea with your pinwheels! Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas for our Red, White, and Blue Linky Party.

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    • Carson's Creations •

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card! LOVE the pinwheels and bees! Super fun b/g too!!! Great job! Thanks so much for sharing with us over at BBTB2 and Craftin' Desert Divas!!!

    Emily
    Mollie's Motif

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card really does celebrate summer!! And the pinwheels and "ball" mason jar is a sweet, vintage touch :) Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you combined stamping with the die cuts. Awesome coloring on your jar and love those pinwheels. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute love the pinwheels! Thanks for joining BBTB2

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so in love with your patriotic card! I love the gingham "table cloth" paper, that always screams "summer picnics" to me! But that blue Ball jar is my favorite of all-love, love that jar and you have colored it perfectly! Love the glossy accents on it. The pinwheels look to cute in the jar and give great dimension. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Becky - LOVE your card! The details are FAB!!! Happy 4th of July!

    -pamela :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card!! Love the 'Ball Jar' in the blue and that great bg paper. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Independence Day' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky,
    Beautiful card. It looks so real, your coloring is fantastic. Love, love, love, the pinwheels. Such detail, it's fabulous. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!