Wednesday, July 30, 2014

"Zentangled" PLUS!

Hi Blog Friends!

Well, since I was so inspired on Friday & I couldn't wait to post my card for you,
 I spent my weekend at my desk, still inspired & creating away.
I am a happy woman!
Just wait till you see what I've made for you.

This is another technique that is really popular right now---"Zentangle!"
"What?" You say, "With Flourishes Images?" 
YES! 

Remember if you see something you like or if there is something else you would like from Flourishes, call
The Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575

I did Zentangle for the design idea...I like all that doodling!
When doing Zentangle, it is a repetition of patterns & doodles. 
What I did reminds me of  Indian Embroidery or Elizabethan or Jacobean Embroidery. 
I am quite pleased with how it came out. 
What I did actually changes the whole image into something totally different!
Because it changes the image so much, you can turn your image in most any direction!
As long as it is pleasing to your eyes!
There are books out there to help you with patterns & would you believe, each pattern has a name?
Just  Google "Zentangle" & you'll get a wealth of information & video's too.

Let me show you what I started with.
First of all, I used Flourishes- Pears.
(See if you can see the pears.)
Then I did a repetition of doodles & patterns.
This is before I colored it in.
I only doodled on part of the image,  then doodled around the main image,
& I  left parts untouched of any pattern.

These are the pens I used to do my doodling.
EK-Success Millennium Collection, there are all different sized tips for you.
 You can find them at Hobby Lobby & I've seen them at Michaels' too.
(Do be careful when water coloring with these.
 They are said to be "waterproof" but, I have found they like to bleed.)

Now, take a peak at this image colored in!
I used Letraset Aqua  Water Color Markers on regular card stock. 
I created a palette on my acrylic block & then used my Letraset Blender Pen to pick up the color.

I also used Faber-Castell- Pitt Artist Pen- Gold 250**
 & Faber-Castell- Pitt Artist Pen-White 101***.
(I definitely want more of these!)

The more I worked on this piece the more I got into it.
 And I kept pulling out this & that to make it even more "Artsy."
 There is just something so freeing about getting "artsy" with your supplies.

I even had to pull out my Gold Krylon Pen,

& I  used my Gold Gelatos on the edges of the image!
Gold on your project just makes it elegant.

I added Gold Brads in the corners 
& then I popped the black card stock with my image, up on dimensionals.
No ribbon or do-dads with this one, I wanted the image to be the main focus. 

The inside!
Gold Krylon Pen around the edges & a little more doodling, then to finish it off--
 a little Gold Gelatos.
 I love the shimmer!
A "Get Well Soon" sentiment from 
Flourishes- Sentimental Favorites.

If I were sick, I would want something beautiful to look at 
& there is nothing better than to have it be from a friend.
I'm thinking you could look at this all day with all those lines & just take it in....
Another idea-----
You could make Wall Art with Zentangle.
How interesting would that be?
It would be the talk of all who enter your home.
Do it on a Canvas.
(I know what I'll be picking up from the store soon!) 

Here is the "PLUS" for this post:
When sending a Get Well Card  &/or Gift, use one of your used pharmacy bags for wrapping!
Just slide everything in-----
 Here I have my Zentangle Card & a special CD for my friend! 
I think Praise Music does the job for when one is ill or going through something!
 The Bible says to, "Offer up a sacrifice of praise!"

"By Him therefore let us offer a sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to His name."
Hebrews 13:15

Basically, this tells us even in times of trouble when our hearts are breaking & streams of tears running down our faces, we must trust God, giving Him thanks even in those difficult times.
 And not just thanking Him IN those times, but thanking Him FOR those difficult times!
It is difficult to do, I know.
  If we can do that----know in our hearts that He has everything in control 
& that HIS WILL is  best for us
yes even if that means us going through those tough times,
then He can accomplish whatever goal He has in mind, in OUR HEARTS & MINDS!
Because our time here on earth is to make us LIKE HIM!
It is a matter of trusting Him!
Praise Music is just the PERFECT way to give Praise to our Loving Heavenly Father
 for WHO HE IS! 
I have found there is no better music than Praise Music!

If your bag is a little wrinkled from being used, just run your iron over it. 
Place your card &/or gift inside & neatly fold the bag over & wrap a nice ribbon around it! 
The perfect "Prescription" for someone special needing a lift!
("What CD is it?" You might ask, it's Phillips, Craig & Dean- Let Your Glory Fall.
 One of my favorites!) 

I hope you decide to try this fun technique & get artsy with your supplies.
You'll love it!

God is SO GOOD!
TLady

P.S. Come back next week! I have a special card to make, 
 & I will be playing with some new goodies! 

**********UPDATE: This card was chosen for "FAVORITES" this week over at SCS!**********
Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- paper 
Paper Studio- paper
(My card is: 5 1/2" x 5 1/2")




5 comments:

  1. such an unusual card! love the design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau-zen-fully done.....God is with you..Praise hHs Holy Name!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! You've really outdone yourself with this one, my friend! What a beautiful post...and a great packaging idea!
    It's kind of funny...my most recent post mentions listening to praise music. I've also added a new Scripture verse to my blog header that fits right in with this topic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Becky,
    You are amazing at coloring, just amazing. I am awe struck because this is awesome. Who would ever think this was a stamp. I've seen Zentangle now, but it has always been doodling to me. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing design and coloring.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!