Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Canvas Art

Hi Blog Friends!

Well, I have been playing with some new "toys" here. 
It was my birthday last week & of course, I had to have art supplies!
It was a wonderful day with my family.
A year older & a year more blessed!
So, I had to use some of my new art supplies to create this weeks post. 
I have been wanting to try some "Mixed-Media."

The card I created is for a friends birthday, but you can use this type of card for any occasion, just change the inside sentiment.

Here is the beautiful card I used for inspiration that I found over at SCS:

This card is done by Salome000.
Here you can get all the details on how she did her card:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/gallery/photo/2544593?&cat=500&ppuser=361188
And here is her blog too:
http://papercraftgoddess.blogspot.com/
 I had fun strolling through her blog & seeing all the inspiration there also!


For Flourishes Images call
The Flourishes Store:
Call: 850-475-1575
or
Call Toll Free: 888-475-1575

Here's what I made: 
 I used Flourishes- Picking Wildflowers.

I used a piece of Canvas, taping it down to my surface with Painters Tape;
 I  prepared the canvas with Gesso first, then stamped my image with Stazon Ink.
I heat set the ink to make sure it was permanent.
 If the image didn't come out as clear as I wanted in places,
 I used my EK Success Millennium Collection Pens to fill in the image & I heat set that also.

I used Gelatos as Water Colors to color in my image, by spritzing the canvas with water first, 
 & I  also used the Heat Gun  in-between the layers of coloring. 

I  stamped over my image with Flourishes- Antique Map. 
You can really only see it in the bottom left hand corner faintly.

 I then used Tim Holtz- Bubble Stencil & layered on Modeling Paste-by Dick Blick.
(I enjoyed using this product, can't wait to use it some more!)

Here's a close up of the texture the Modeling Paste made.

Once the Modeling Paste was dry,
 I spritzed the canvas with Tattered Angels- Shimmer Sprays Gold- 121102 & then Petina- 02312.

I used a Faber-Castell- Pitt Artist Pen- White 101*** for accents & highlights.
I went back to my Gold Gelato & edged my canvas. If it got to be just a bit too much, I added water to water it down some.
I popped the panel I matted my canvas on, up on dimensionals.  

This is the inside, made with Flourishes- Picking Wildflowers 
 & for the sentiment,
Flourishes- Inside & Out, Happy Set.

Another card that seems to call out for simplicity, making the image the real focal point.
No ribbons or twine or any "doo-dads" allowed!
It's another wonderful technique that I just loved doing!

Hope you are inspired!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:  
Memento Ink
Gelatos- Gold, Banana, Blood Orange, Raspberry, Snow Cone, Pistachio, & Green Tea 
Faber-Castell- Clic & Go Water Pot
Water Color Brushes
Palette Knife
Paper Studio Paper





6 comments:

  1. (Jaw hanging open) THIS. IS. SPECTACULAR!!!! Your artistic vision is ASTONISHING!!! It took a bit to get by...the DTGD is doing me in....but I'm telling you that this is beyond anything I could've imagined. THIS should be your new forte!!! Congrats!!! I'm so glad we 'met'!! Couldn't ask for a better artist 'sister' and friend. Just beautiful!! I know the one who received this is as astounded as I am!!! BIG hugs!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank YOU Carmen for the INSPIRATION!!!! YOU have TONS of "jaw dropping" talent!!!! It has been SUCH A PLEASURE to meet you! Thank YOU! :D ((((HUGS TO YOU!))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky,
    Now this is an amazing work of art, and this is your first time? Wow! You have done a fantastic job with all your new toys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! That is absolutely FABULOUS, Becky! Mixed media is so much fun! You did a beautiful job on this one! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous project! Love the beautiful flower garden! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Being the recipient of this beautiful card, I can only say, "Wow!!!" to all the work that you put in to making it. It is residing in the place of honor on my mantle. Thank you my dear friend! Your sweet spirit shines in every one of your creations :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!