Monday, September 22, 2014

A "Lovely Pink Christmas" & an UPDATE!

Hi Blog Friends!

I know I promised to tell you the direction of my blog this week, but plans have changed.
Always have to be flexible! LOL
 I am still waiting to hear back about what I was thinking would be a good opportunity to do something quite meaningful so......,

I decided to do a challenge this week!
 It's been awhile, & I have many stamps that I haven't used yet---especially, Christmas Stamps!
 So, you know what that means? 
Festive Friday Challenge!
Check here:
http://festivefriday.blogspot.com/

Here is the inspiration photo:
 Isn't it PRETTY? All those babbles & shine & even FLOWERS!
Be still my heart!
The other inspiration for my card is Melissa over at LilyBean Paperie, I LOVE her style!
Check here:
http://lilybeanpaperie.typepad.com/lilybeans_paperie/
Melissa loves to use Vellum & just has a way with her lovely creations....sigh!
With her blog, I am ALWAYS saying, "Be still my heart!" LOL

Here's what I made for the challenge:
 My card is 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".
 I used Dick Blick Modeling Paste on the left side,
 with a Tim Holtz- Doily Stencil. I also used Distress Markers to color the modeling paste here & there, to get the look of the floral curtain in the picture. I was quite pleased how it took the color.

I used PTI- Tag Sale Die #1 & embossed it with Flourishes- A Year in Flowers 2, Versa Mark & Zig White Embossing Powder, & attached it with Vellum tape.
 The little banner greeting is by SU- Teeny Tiny Wishes,
  & it is  popped up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.

The  Ornaments are by SU- Ornament Keepsakes Stamp Set & Dies. I embossed one with white embossing powder & sponged pink ink over it; the other I drew little circles over the die & added silver & white to the ball with  Faber-Castell Pitt Pens- Silver 251*** & White 101***.
 The ornaments are popped up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.

The Christmas Wreath with bow is stamped with Brilliance Galaxy Gold Pigment Ink. The Wreath & bow are from Flourishes- Seasons of Wreaths & I used a water color brush to add just a little pink color to some of the balls. The wreath is popped up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape also.

The little silver trees are made with SU-Sizzix Die- Merry Details,
  & popped up on Scotch Mounting Tape.
I used Paper Studio Pearls for edging the tag, and I added a Prima Flower to top it off.

Here you can see all the sparkle....I used Wink of Stella, adding it to  almost everything!
A new product  I'm trying, I LOVE IT! I even added it to the silver trees.

Another look! I thought this picture showed a little more of the color & detail.

The inside:
"Let the Heavens rejoice & the earth be glad." Psalm 96:11.

The inside sentiment is from Flourishes- Poinsettia & Pine. I just layered my Vellum over the sentiment & I sponged pink over the embossed rose, from Flourishes-A Year In Flowers 2.

I hope you've enjoyed seeing my "Lovely Pink Christmas!"
 It IS FUN to mix & match what you have to get EXACTLY what you want!
 Try pulling out some of those hoarded stamps & supplies
 & join us over at Festive Friday Challenge Blog.
 There's still time...!

The more I do Pink for Christmas, the more I LIKE!
TLady 

"If that is the case, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, & He will deliver us from your hand, O king. But, if not, let it be known to you, o king, that we do not serve your gods, nor will we worship the gold image which you have set up."
Daniel 3:17-18.

P.S. See you next week,  I have a birthday card to create!

Supplies not mentioned above:
Grafix Vellum
Paper- Paper Studio & SU
Glue Dots
Zig Glue Pen
Ribbon
White dots from the negative space of a die.




5 comments:

  1. This is truly a feast for the eyes - I love all the pretty detail! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, this is pretty and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Becky! You did a fabulous job with that modeling paste! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! Look at all the loveliness going on here!! This card is just amazing! So many pretty details to take in! Truly a work of art! So glad you joined us at Festive Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are such pretty colors to use for a festive card! This is one of your most feminine cards too. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!