Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It's a "BATMAN" time of the year!

Hi Blog Friends!

I'm here this week with a Birthday Card for you!
It was our son's Birthday recently & I thought you would like to see the card I made.
 Our daughter's gift to her brother was a Batman zippered hooded jacket which she gave him when he stayed the weekend on campus to visit his friends that were still there; they gave him a Batman party too. My husband picked up a Batman cake, & I made a Batman card! 
 I think Batman is one of those things that seem to never be outgrown, at least here in our home!
 Our son seems to never tire of BATMAN! LOL
So, when Birthday time rolls around, it turns out, it's a "Batman" time of the year!

Our son likes "Inter-actional Cards" so of course, I had to make him a Pop-Up Box Card!
For detailed instructions check my blog here:
So, now you'll have a reference for a masculine Pop-Up Box Card too!

Here's what I made:
I didn't fill the box card too full this time, trying to leave the background open so you can see it.
 You know, people call for help from Batman by beaming up his signal in the night sky, right? :)
 I used a 3-D Bubble Sticker & added it to a SU- Medium Oval Punch (yellow)
 & that is layered onto a SU- Large Oval Punch (blue).  
Can you see the buildings in the background & the beam?
I used Recollections- Comic Hero's Designer Paper, found at Michael's. 
You can see I used 3-D Batman Stickers by Sandy Lion, found at Hobby Lobby--
 Batman himself, the Batman "signal," the Batman Mask, "The Batman," & a Boomerang!
The bats are from another Batman Sticker set from Sandy Lion, also found at Hobby Lobby.



This is the back where I stamped "Happy Birthday!" I used SU- It's Your Birthday.
 (An old retired set. I never get rid of my Birthday sets---you need them all the time!
 I only add to my Birthday sets.) 

Because I used a Batman 3-D Sticker, I added the acetate strips to the back & where the sticker was still exposed, I added a 1/2" SU- Circle punch. The Bat Stickers- I stuck them to designer paper & then cut them out attaching them to the acetate with glue dots.

Her is my card laid flat on one side.

Now, my Box Card folded to the other side. Only a small amount of Batman Goodness popping out... for maximum SURPRISE! 
Hope you like my Batman Pop-Up Box Card!
Batman is only a man in the story, a make-believe character, where God is Supernatural & REAL! 
I am SO GLAD our son knows that his #1 Super Hero is, The Lord!

Who is your Super Hero?
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above: 
Paper Studio Paper
SU- Paper





1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!