Monday, September 8, 2014

"SPARKLE!"

Hi Blog Friends!

I'm glad you came by to see what I have for you today! 
I have a card for you that I was very happy to create! Not really thinking of anyone in-particular when I made it. I just wanted to use my ability to create a card that you might like.

The Bible tells us,
"Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But, when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!" 
Matthew 6:22- 23 (NLT)

When I created my image for this card, I found a picture of a young woman who's eyes just "sparkled!" I don't know this woman, but there seems to be light in her eyes...
 & this scripture came to mind.
The only thing I might expound further on with this Scripture is when first I read this, my thought  was, about the light that might be in you when Christ is living in your body- when you know Him, it will show through your eyes, your life.... But, when I read this Scripture another day & thinking on it, my thought also went to what are you filling your body with now or at any given time, through your eyes? If your "eye is a lamp,"  helping you to see...  Your eyes are meant to bring light into your body---looking on things that are good. Another words, if you look at darkness, using your eye to look at bad things/ungodly things, your body will be filled with darkness, the very darkness you are looking at, this shows the condition of your heart--that it is bad/not of God; if you look at good things/ godly things, your body will be filled with light, again showing the condition of one's heart, that it is good. Just like Paul, when he thought he was doing right by persecuting Christians, he was in the dark, & "how deep that darkness was." He was in the dark spiritually & then, God blinded Paul, & when he was visited by Ananias the scales fell from his eyes & his eyesight was restored.
This story also tells us in more ways than one, that our sin affects & hurts others, 
 but when restoration comes, healing comes! Our restoration affects & helps others;
 It  also tells me God wanted Paul to see just how blind he was---a literal, physical lesson for him!
Acts 9:1-19.
This reminds me of the children's song, "Oh be careful little eyes what you see...." (I know, I've mentioned this song before. I can't seem to get away from this song when I think about growing in Christ--a constant goal. So simple, but so true!) Those lessons we learn as children ARE important!
 And it is important for us as parents to TEACH THESE LESSONS, 
to our children from a young age! This is a very basic Christian lesson!
 If we teach our children these lessons, it will save them & ourselves much heartache!


Now, to my card---- I have pictures of the progression of my image for you.
 I do hope you enjoy & gain a new perspective on the beauty of a face filled with "light!"

Here is my inspiration:

Can you see the light in her eyes? (Maybe, I should call it "twinkle?" Since I don't know her.) :D

Here is the progression of my image:
Beginning lightly....






This is my image mounted on card stock.


Some natural lighting....

The inside is left plain for a lengthy hand written note.

Check Dick Blick for the FINEST art supplies: http://www.dickblick.com/?wmcp=msn&wmckw=[dickblick's%20com]&wmcid=msn01&cid=psgex11031247807

Hope you have enjoyed seeing the progression of my sketch & the finale!

Don't forget to "Sparkle" for Christ!
TLady 

***Be back next week for "PINK for our girl & 'Ninja Mom!' "
(Yep, you heard right, "Ninja Mom!") LOL

Supplies not mentioned above:
Faber-Castell 9000 Graphite Artist Pencils
Faber-Castell- Perfection 7056 Eraser
Blending Stump
Knead Eraser
Dick Blick-Sketch Board
Da Vinci 2485 Brush
SU- Stamp-a-ma-jig
SU- Warm Words
Acrylic Sealant


6 comments:

  1. wow, this is awesome. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Becky your drawing came out amazing! I can't draw people at all...well besides stick people! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done a wonderful job on the shading and the hair! Oh, and also the eyes and the smile :) Thanks for sharing this lovely drawing (and the devotion too)! Your insight on the Apostle Paul was good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful drawing!! I too like the devotion that your wrote. Sometimes you can really see the light, His light shining in others. It is a beautiful thing. I pray that more can find His light. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!