Wednesday, September 24, 2014

To Send a Letter...

Hi Blog Friends!

SURPRISE! I thought I would go ahead & post a second card for you this week! I hope you enjoy!

 This card is for our daughter for this week while she is away at college.
Of course, it is done in PINK! LOL (I don't know of a girl who doesn't like Pink!)

Because of the title of my post, I thought I should remind everyone to read their "love letters!"
We all have at least one. 
How would you feel if you wrote the one you love, a love letter & they never read it?
I'm sure it would break your heart.
Or think about the excitement you felt of reading a love letter someone sent you...
Why wouldn't you read it?
God has given us a love letter, His Holy Word, The Bible!
The inside sentiment for my card  says, 
"To send a letter is a good way to go somewhere without moving anything but your heart."
 by Phyllis Theroux
I am happy that the Lord is always with us, we don't go anywhere without Him being right there with us! Loving us all the while. Even when we do things wrong. He just doesn't like our actions when we do those wrong things. He is always willing and able to forgive.
Do take some time today & spend some time reading your "love letter!"

I used a sketch from SCS for my card:

Here is my card:
I used Flourishes- From the Desk of for my image.

I colored my image with different Distress Markers 
& blended some areas with a Letraset Watercolor Blender Pen.

I used designer paper by The Paper Studio- Kellerkurtz & Company, 
 Paper Studio- Black, & SU- Blushing Bride.

& I used SU- 1" & 1 1/4" Circle Punches.

I also used Wink Of Stella for some sparkle on the centers of the flowers & on the ink well.

This is the inside; from the same set- Flourishes- From the Desk of.
(The sentiment is typed out above for easy reading.)

The main image & the ink well are popped up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.
I think our daughter will like this one!

This reminds me, I do have some more  love letters to write!
TLady

****UPDATE: This card was chosen FAVORITES on SCS week ending Sept. 28!****

Additional Supplies not mentioned above:
Memento Ink
Glue Dots
Ribbon
Becca Bow Maker



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card and beautiful post on a love letter. It is so true, Gods Holy Word to us is a love letter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took a close up of the little inkwell. It is so cute with it's sparkles and I like the background you chose. It mixes well with the pretty flower stamp. Also...your little devotions add so much more to the meaning of your cards :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!