Tuesday, October 28, 2014

A "Frozen" Birthday!

Hi Blog Friends!

I thought I'd pop in here to show you the Birthday card I made for our daughter.
Remember I told you we were having lots of celebrations here?
 Even with being of college age, she & her friends LOVE the movie "Frozen!" LOL 
AND I wanted to make her card special, so I made another Pop-Up Box Card! 
Everyone seems to LOOOOVE these cards, so I knew you'd be interested!
For those of you that don't know how to make a Pop-Up Box Card you can take a look at my tutorial here:
http://tladydesigns.blogspot.com/2014/08/tutorial-blitz-behind-scenes-1.html 

Take a peak at what I've made!
  I have to tell you, I was hunting all over for the Frozen Stickers- 
We found them:  Stickety-Doo-Da- by American Greetings makes these!
My husband found them for me at Wal-mart in the Greeting Cards section! Who would have thought?

Lots of pictures for you, so we'll just "let it go!"



This is the back, I created a "Master Board"  or my own Designer Paper
with SU- Serene Snowflakes; I used Versa Mark & added clear embossing powder mixed with glitter & used my heat gun. I then sponged on my color using SU Inks & SSS Ink.
 I also used the extra Designer Paper to back my Stickers.
 (I should tell you, the stickers didn't stick to the paper well & I had to use Multi Medium Matte for adhesive.)

This is the front flap- I used SU- Fundamental Favorites for the "HAPPY," & PTI- Birthday Trio Dies for "birthday." I made about 5 of them & layered them up with Multi Medium Matte.
 Notice the shimmer? Wink of Stella! (I added it to all the snowflakes!)

One of the side flaps, Elsa.

The other side flap, Anna.
(I had to ask our son the characters names! LOL Thank goodness he knew,
 I couldn't ask our daughter & actually, I am surprised he knew! He isn't into all this Frozen stuff! LOL) 

A close up of the pop-up characters.

Here you can see the layers & where I placed the characters.

Here, the little box folded shut. You'll see the "birthday"  die sticking out, but....

folded the other way, it is enclosed & the best way to slip into an envelope.

Making your envelope just a little bigger works perfectly.
My envelope was made with the WRMK Envelope Board.
(The size I used is on the page of the tutorial I linked to earlier in my post.)

Here's the Envelope & an added surprise! My husband even found me some
 "Frozen" Washi Tape-by Sandy Lion!
 (This was found at Wal-mart too, in the Toy section. I think they're making us hunt for our paper crafting goodies! LOL )
I think our daughter will want a roll of this all for herself---"stocking stuffer!"

This would definitely make a super Winter Birthday Card!
(If your Birthday is in the winter, I guess the "cold never bothered you anyway!") :)
Hope you find your Frozen Stickers & Washi Tape easier than I did!
Let me know what you think?


"Happy Birthday" to our "Baby!"
"Do you want to build a Snowman?" :)
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
SSS- paper
Paper Studio-paper
Tacky Tape
Acetate
SU- Embossing Buddy
Glue Dots
Paper Studio- Rhinestones






2 comments:

  1. My goodness you are one talented lady! This is amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!