Tuesday, October 7, 2014

A Life time of "Truths & Lesson's Learned!" PLUS!

Hi Blog Friends!

I saw a blog friend of mine do a post for her birthday naming the lessons she has learned for her 50th birthday post. I thought it very insightful & thought I would list a few "Truths & Lesson's Learned" for myself! They are not listed according to priority or most important, nor does it tell my age; just thoughts as they came to me.
Hopefully, you will find them inspirational to you too!

*** TRUTH'S OR LESSONS LEARNED ***

1.) Do not say, "Never say 'never,' "  but be careful what you say "never" too!
2.) I will not stand behind or "cover" for any man or woman I discover doing wrong! It goes against everything within me!
3.) When you think you're in God's will & find you are being abused...it isn't God's will; RUN!
4.) Be willing to walk away/ Never hold anything too tightly!
5.) Have a godly & wise person to turn to for counsel.
6.) Live according to God's Word.
7.) When threatened by others, call them on their threat/stand up to them! Bullies are cowards!
8.) Let God battle for you!
9.) Please God, not man!
10.) Always be introspect---checking your motives.
11.) Know your rights.
12.) God's ways are BEST!
13.) Other people's lack of planning or their burning of their bridges, doesn't make it my emergency!
14.) Praise God in ALL things!
15.) Your life is what you make it.
16.) A good husband is to be valued!
17.) SING
18.) Read God's Word everyday & know it!
19.) Do everything as unto the Lord!
20.) Love God with all your heart!
21.) Be thankful in ALL things!
22.) Children are precious!
23.) Know History.
24.) You may think Chocolate is heaven, but it's NOT!
25.) Stay away from caffeine.
26.) Exercise.
27.) Try to be organized.
28.) Use your talents for God.
29.) Life is HARD!
30.) There are FEW you can truly trust.
31.) You can always be replaced.
32.) God knows my heart.
33.) God sees everything.
34.) Encourage, don't tear down.
35.) Patience is a virtue.
36.) Selfishness is as evil as murder.
37.) Always be flexible.
38.) Stand up for what you believe!
39.) We only have one life, make it count!
40.) Always be willing to learn.
41.) God only wants good for us.
42.) Eat right.
43.) Be content.
44.) Trust God!
45.) Be forgiving, but test before you trust!
46.) Don't let people make you doubt yourself.
47.) No one is a better advocate for your children than you/ You know what is best for your children!
48.) Be compassionate.
49.) Doctor's don't know everything!
50.) Ministers are only people & they are fallible/ they make mistakes.
51.) Treasure true friends.
52.) Weigh everything by the Word of God.
53.) Enjoy the little things.
54.) Abusers tell you you "can't," they tell you to "shut up" Keep quiet/ keep their secret;" No matter how they proclaim they are "Christians" they are deceived! Don't "keep quiet/ keep their secret," TELL! People who abuse others  are cowards!
55.) When you purchase something, it is yours to do with as you please! (I know this sounds ludicrous, but some think they have the right to dictate what you do with the product you buy...! "Asking" you to not use the product you buy isn't sane either!)
56.) God is never late!
57.) God never gets "it" wrong, (whatever "it" is.)
58.) God cares & is involved in every little detail of our lives!
59.) Put no other god before the one true living God!
60.) God is in Control!

I hope this list has made you think about some of these things.
Try writing your own list of lesson's learned!
*********************************************************************************
Here's the "PLUS" to my post!
I  have a card to show you today too. It's a card I made for our daughter for this week.

I used the sketch from SCS:

Here's my card:
I used SU- Chalk Talk Framelits Dies & PTI- Button Boutique & SU- Notable Notions.

I love mixing my stamps to get what I want, & I enjoy sewing images,
even though I haven't used them much.

I used Echo Park- Everyday Eclectic for my designer paper & SU- Pear Pizzaz,
 & Paper Studio Paper.

I created my own little buttons using PTI- Button Boutique & SU- Notable Notions. I layered the button images, punched the button holes, & added Coats Gold Thread. I then mounted the buttons on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape & then applied Diamond Glaze.


Here's a close up of the buttons.

Here you can see all the layers & the places I added Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape. 
(This one will require extra postage!)

More of the details on the front---the tops of spools done in Encore Gold Ink, 
 from SU- Notable Notions.

This is the inside, done with PTI- Purls of Wisdom.

Hope you like & "stitch your blessings one by one, so they never come undone!"

What are your life's "Truths & Lesson's Learned?"
TLady
Come back next week for "A Life's Story!"

P.S. This card was bigger than I usually make---it was 6 3/4" x 4 3/4"; my  envelope board didn't have the measurements for this card, so I just used an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper to create my own envelope.

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- 1/16" Hand punch
SU- 1/8" Hand punch
Memento Blk. Ink
SU- Ink
Linen Thread
SU- 1/2" Circle Punch
SU- 1" Circle Punch
SU- 1 1/4" Circle Punch
Clear T-Ruler-SSS
Zig Millennium Pen

2 comments:

  1. What a pretty card, Becky! It's so bright and cheeful! You know I like anything that is "stitch" related! :o)
    What a wonderful list you've made! Thank you for sharing it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post Becky.. Love these tags, those buttons are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!