Monday, October 13, 2014

A Life's Story....

Hi Blog Friends!

I have a card for you today that I sent our daughter & wanted to share it with you.
I wanted to use pieces I've been really wanting to use & hadn't had a chance to use them till now.

I am linking this to the Our Daily Bread Challenge, "Anything Goes."
Due by Oct 19th. (So, you still have time to jump in with me!)
For all the details check here:
http://ourdailybreaddesignsblog.blogspot.com/

I call this card,
"A Life's Story..." 
Each piece means something....

Take a look:
A little different than I usually do...but, fun never-the-less. I thought our daughter would be encouraged by this one, as we have been talking about the power God has to change us & make us Holy, like Him.
 I will show you all the little parts...

I used an old encyclopedia page for the backdrop of all these fun pieces....you can see the top right hand corner,  "English Language." That symbolizes, that God will speak to us so we can understand Him, & show us where He wants us to change, IF we are in tune with Him.
 (Of course, God isn't limited to just the English language!)

I used a fun die by Echo Park- View Master Die. This symbolizes the pictures or scenes in our lives. 
(I loved this little die when I saw it & had to have it! A touch of nostalgia for us!)
Next I used a manilla folder to stamp the Bingo card-
  by Theresa Collins-Vintage Finds- VF1021, I found on Amazon
(I'll show you a better picture in a moment.) 
I used the same manilla folder to stamp the Library Card- PTI.
Then I die cut the PTI- Library Card Pocket Die from the Trend Setter Paper Pak. To the side of the pocket die is a Layered Chipboard by Bo-Bunny. It says, "the little things."
 That's because the little things do matter when serving God.

Here you can see the Bingo card better. I added some Heart Punches- SU, raised up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape. I didn't cover the "Free" space, because nothing in this life is really "Free!"
 Not even Salvation; that was paid for with Jesus death on the Cross.
Notice, the Library Card? I stamped it with an ODB Scripture Stamp- Scripture Collection #5, using my SU- Stamp-a-ma-jig. The nice thing about the size of this Library Card Stamp is that it's the size of an ATC! Our daughter can pull this out & easily carry it around in her purse for memory work! (I believe PTI has come out with a new Library Card stamp since I purchased this one.)

"Create in me a clean heart, O God and renew a right spirit within me."  Psalm 51: 10.

Holiness, is a condition that is to be worked for continually, each & every day.
Notice the "Author?" The author of our being is God. I will fill in the "Title"- with our daughter's name, it's her life & she is the one who gets to choose what she does with her life! God gives us free will as to whether we will serve Him or not. He doesn't force anyone to love Him, He wants people to love Him willingly because of who He is & because of His Great Love for us! It's our choice!

The Button is by MME.

Another look at the Library Card pulled out:

Now with the Envelope by WRMK.
Very simple really.

The inside is blank for a lengthy note of encouragement!

What is your "Life's Story?"
TLady

P.S. If you think your college student won't appreciate your sending them a card or note....just know they DO! For some reason, our daughter wasn't  receiving her mail yet & she was quite worked up when I  talked to her. I told her to let the Post Office staff know that she is missing mail.
That doesn't help her feel too much better at this point though!
Update: Ooops! She forgot to rent her box! :)

 Another Update: Our daughter has told me this is one of her favorite cards! :)

P.S.S. I am thinking one can never have enough ODB Stamps!:)

Supplies not mentioned above: 
Memento Black Ink
SSS- School House Red Ink
SU- Midnight Muse
SU- Calendar  Alphabet & Number Stamps.
Tim Holtz- Tea Dye
Large Layered Chip Board Piece- Bo-Bunny


3 comments:

  1. This is fabulous! What an awesome design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! You're right about everything! So glad your daughter received it, finally, and she enjoyed it. I know my two sons love it when they get mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this lovely message. You are so talented! I know you're daughter will love this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!