Monday, November 10, 2014

" Thank You From the Bottom of My Heart" with Doodling!

Hi Blog Friends!

I have a card for you today that I thought you might like!
I needed to make a Thank You card for a dear friend of mine, so I thought I would try the watercolor technique I have been seeing everywhere....

I will be entering this card in
Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge Blog here:
http://gloriadesignschallenge.blogspot.com/2014/11/challenge-19-for-all-that-you-do-thank.html#comment-form
Challenge #19- For all that you do, Thank You!
This challenge closes on Sun., Nov. 16th midnight PT.
Take a peek & jump in & play along. You'll be glad you did!
(I gave up my chance to Guest Design with Craft Hoarders, after winning a spot for being chosen a "favorite" for my Easter Baskets with tags last Spring... I know Gloria had MANY that were wanting to fill that spot & would love the chance to do so, so I thought someone else would love that opportunity! That doesn't mean I won't  participate in  challenges. This challenge just fit what I had already done.)

Choosing the right colors...taping down my water color paper with Painters Tape, wetting it & then adding drops of color with my re-inkers.....then, playing with the color just a little bit....
Here's what I got!
I used SU- From the Heart.

If the water coloring gets a little too wet, just use a paper towel to dab it up.

I popped the matted image up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.

 I added Paper Studio-Rhinestones for a little bling.

For the inside sentiment, I used the sentiment that came with the set....

I LOVE this technique!

I don't know about you, but I have a hard time with doing away with those crisp corners, 
but felt I needed something....
Instead of adding rhinestones to the corners, I decided to doodle to fill in this space.
 I am REALLY happy with how it came out.
 I used Faber-Castell's Artist's Fineliner Pen-(Illustration Pens), XS & I just doodled away!
 No rhyme or reason, I just enjoyed doodling!
I also glitzed it up with Wink of Stella! (I LOVE that stuff!) 

What are you thankful for "from the bottom of your heart?"
It is that time of year to be thinking about thankfulness, 
although by Scripture, we are to be thankful in all things!

"In everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:18.

Quite Thankful here!
TLady

P.S. Don't forget to doodle!

Supplies used that aren't mentioned above:
SU & Paper Studio- Paper
Stazon Ink

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, Becky! I love the color combination you used...so pretty! Fabulous doodling too! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this is just so Gorgeous! Love the colors..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors in the background and your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color combo here! Your "doodling" is wonderful!!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how I love these colors!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful, love the colors! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is indeed beautiful! Would have never thought these colors would blend so well and the doodling is so intricate! Lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors you chose are just stunning. I love the sentiment, too. You are so sweet and such a kind soul. Huge hugs from me to you! Thanks for sharing your work with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!