Monday, December 15, 2014

PEACE ON EARTH

Hi Blog Friends!

Are you ready for Christmas?
Are your cards sent out?
I have been working away here trying to finish mine up.
 I finished them & got them right out in the mail!
In the past, I have been better about getting them in the mail sooner than this, 
but what does one do if they just haven't found an image to work with that intrigues them?
That was my case, until I saw these dies over at SSS!
I haven't been big on dies in the past....cost is a big factor to me, 
BUT
 I have been admiring the little building dies that have been out there for sometime now, 
& I also knew if I were to get them, I wanted the ones with the little windows! 
Then, I saw a little tutorial over at SSS on these dies & was smitten!
You can see the tutorial here: 
Yes, I "cased" this card! 
(Not something I try to do, but this card was TOO CUTE & I think I'm not the only one who did this this year! I looked later after ordering these dies & SSS was sold out! LOL) 
But, I did try to change it up a bit to make it "mine!" :)
(I tried other things too, but opted to keep my card more simple, another thing I don't usually do! That's right, my ideas didn't work! LOL)

Take a look:
I like to make my cards all the same, so I don't forget & send a repeat the following year.
I also try to keep my cards the standard 4 1/4" x 5 1/2".

I added SU- Felt Snowflakes & a Paper Studio- Rhinestone instead of little poinsettia's.

I used SU- Soft Sky & Midnight Muse for the sky.

"Peace On Earth" from SSS Exclusive- Joy by Kelly Purkey & SU- Silver Embossing Powder.

I didn't stick with just one color for the felt snowflakes, but alternated between the blue & the white, for that unique & individual touch, that one of a kind thing!

Here's a close-up of the little buildings.
I  used Stickles for the buildings, the windows, &  the landscape, giving them an icy look;
 another personal touch all my own!
I used Dick Blick Modeling Paste with a stencil from SSS-Falling Snow, for the falling snow.

I used the largest Spellbinders Classic Circles Die in the package.

Another unique touch to my cards are the sequins I used, also from SSS- C Cartwright- Moonshine.
They're teeny-tiny, so I used a Silohouette- Pick Me Up Tool,
 applying them with SSS- Multi-Medium Matte.


Now, take a look at the demension of this card! 
I used Scotch Permanent Mounting Tape, behind the buildings & on the front panel.



I just LOVE the dimension!
It makes me think of a snow globe.

Don't forget a matching envelope!

Wishing you a never-ending season of love & peace;
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!
 TLady 

P.S. SOON dear ones, we WILL have 
Peace on Earth,
 because 
THE KING IS COMING! 

"The steadfast of mind Thou wilt keep in perfect peace, Because he trusts in Thee."
Isaiah 26:3. (NAS) 

Supplies not mentioned above:
SSS- Village Dies-SSSD111405
Inkssentials- Applicator & blending sponges
Versa Mark
Glue Dot
MRMK Envelope Punch Board
SU- Whisper White Cardstock



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful scene! I love the pretty snow-globe affect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!