Friday, December 5, 2014

TAG IT!

Hi Blog Friends!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
 We did & are still eating leftovers.
I like to cook & my family loves to eat! 
God is good to bless us!

But, I  thought I'd pop in here & share with you some tags I've made for Christmas gifts.
(Posting these at this time will give YOU time to make some for yourself!)
I saw these in a magazine ages ago & thought,
 "I don't think I'm going to pay that price, 
ESPECIALLY when I could make them myself  EASILY!"
So, here we are! LOL 
I thought they were so cute & you can decorate them any-which-way you choose.
They make your packages look even more festive & special!

Here's a peak at one of the tags I made: 
(Super simple!)

(I left one without a decoration for you to see. One with Baker's Twine & one with the twine that came with the tag.)


I am entering these little tags in the following challenges:
Craft Hoarders Anonymous
 Challenge #21, Celebrate the Season. 
Check here:

Supplies needed:
You will need some Felt in the color/s you prefer, some colored Embroidery Floss in the colors you prefer, what you are going to decorate the Felt Tag Holders with, Small Manila Tags, (You can find these at Wal-mart or the Office Supply Store) & Stamps to decorate the Manila tags with, a Needle & Pinking Shears.
Additional possible supplies:
Pipe Cleaners, Rhinestones, (or your choice of decoration) Hot Glue Gun, & Bakers Twine.

Here's a peak at the other tag I made:
( A picture with both of the tags.)

Cut your felt to 2" x 2 7/8" with your Pinking Shears. You can cut two layers at once if you choose to match the sides up. Once you have the felt cut, choose what color of Embroidery Floss you want to use. I used a craft style of embroidery floss & didn't need to separate the strands. Otherwise, I would use 3 strands of embroidery floss. Tucking your knot inside on one side, begin your stitching down one side, across the bottom & up the other side. Tucking in your last knot to finish off the stitching so your stitching won't come undone.
Your pocket is made.

How will you decorate your tag holder?
 I used pipe cleaners.
 For the Candy Cane, I just twisted the red & white pipe cleaners together & cut it off for the size of the candy cane I wanted with wire cutters. Shape your candy cane & use your hot glue gun to attach it to the tag holder.
For the Snow Flake I found the color pipe cleaners I wanted & just criss-crossed them & twisted the centers together. Hot glue gunned it to the tag holder & added a rhinestone to the center.
For the Tags themselves, I used SU- Christmas Bulb Mini (a super old set I bought back when I first discovered SU!) for the peppermint candy. I also used a White Sakura Glaze Pen for the white on the peppermint. The "To & From" are from SU- Winter Post, another "old" set. For the Snowflake tag, I used SU- Winter Post for the stamped snowflakes.
 You can switch the twine on the tags if you choose to Baker's Twine, to the color of your choice.
You can tie your tags onto your packages or just stick the twine under your sticky ribbons.

For those that want to peak at the presents to find out who is getting what,
 it will take a little more effort! LOL
And your gifts will LOOK GREAT!

Here are a couple pictures of the tags on wrapped presents:
Still working on getting the tree up or I would have given you pictures of them under the tree!
Such a SPECIAL DAY Christmas is,
Christ's Birthday!
Don't forget in all your busyness, to think on the purpose of this blessed day!

Hope you like these little Tags & try some of your own!
TLady







7 comments:

  1. Nice tags! Thank you for your comment on SCS. Come join me at www.LilArtsyWoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tags! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags! Beautiful holiday designs and they look great on the gifts! Thanks for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice tag. Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute tags and holders.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anon :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What adorable tag holders. So cute! Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!