Friday, June 19, 2015

A SEA WORTHY "HAPPY FATHER'S DAY" DIORAMA!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Father's Day is this Sunday.... 
Do you have your Father's Day Cards done?
(Or purchased? Oh, let's not go there! LOL)
 
It took me forever to get to this Father's Day Card....
 Idea's spinning around in my head....
BUT, I sat down yesterday & got it done!
(Sometimes, all you need to do is sit down! LOL)
 
Lot's of coloring....
So, yes I will enter this into
Kathy Racoosin's
30 Day Coloring Challenge here:
I
 
I will be adding this to the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge here:
The challenge is to use your favorite technique or product.
Well, my favorite technique is to make a card with a different kind of fold than the ordinary,
 thus the Diorama.
(Our kids hate it when I use the word, "thus!" LOL)
 
Here is where I got my inspiration:
I will also enter this in the 
Our Daily Breads Inspiration Challenge.
You can join in too; you have until June 21rst, by 8 p.m.
 
Now, you know I promised sea worthy treats...
& Our Daily Bread just happens to have them!
So, here's just a little step by step for you:
Starting with the ODB image- The Wave on the Sea.
I stamped my images with Memento Ink to start with,
then I colored them with
Distress Markers, SU Ink, Letraset Water Color Markers, & a Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pen-White 101***;
  I elongated the image by adding just a bit more sea at the bottom.
I used my Distress Marker & an EK Success fine point marker for that.
I placed this image in a piece of card stock cut at 8 1/2" x 5 1/4",
scoring it 2" on either end & centering the image between the scoring.
 
Next, I used the ODB image- The Mighty Sea.
After coloring & cutting this piece to fit, I mounted it on a 1 1/2" x 6" strip,
 after scoring it 1" on either end.
 
 
I added Terrifically Tacky Tape to the ends of this piece, burnishing them well.
 
Position this piece on one side of the back piece flap & attach.
 Then move to the other side.
Making sure to burnish them well.
I used my bone folder, as it wasn't easy getting in those small, tight spaces.
 
In this picture the middle piece isn't attached yet, but it will give you an idea of how it will look.
I find when doing these diorama's, it's good to piece them together, little by little,
 & stand back & look...
 
For the front piece, I stamped the ODB image-Fishing Net Background at the top.
I also used the ODB image- Light of the World.
Coloring it, & doing an "Out of the Box" technique to do the cutting.
The flag/banner with the sentiment is also an ODB sentiment from The Waves of the Sea.
The sea gull dies are Impression Obsession & smudged with an Earl Grey Gelato.
 
Attach the front to the back two pieces with Terrifically Tacky Tape.
 
Here are some additional photos for you:
 
 
 
 
 
This cards measurements are:
4 1/2" W x 5 1/4" H x 2" D
 
So, what do you think?
I know I didn't use "masculine" colors typically used for masculine cards,
 but I was going for the sunrise/sunset that was in the inspiration picture
 & thought the purple & pink would be alright.
I like a little pink & purple in my sunsets/sunrises anyway!
Preferably, sunsets as 
 the next day, is usually
BEAUTIFUL!!!
 
To all you Father's out there,
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!
TLady
 
P.S. Next week,
I'll give you a look at the table I did!
And there will be more projects with these sets from ODB soon too!
 
******* UPDATE: This card was chose as a SCS Favorite this week! *******
******** UPDATE: This card won the Shining The Light Award at ODB! ********
***************UPDATE: This card won SCS Favorites Best of 2015!**************
 
Supplies used & not mentioned above:
Spellbinders Classic Circles
SU- Stamp-a-ma-jig
Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape
IO-Sea Birds-DIE078-F
SU- Paper
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


15 comments:

  1. Hokey Dinah, girl! You've really outdone yourself with this project!! It is INCREDIBLE!! Love it! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful and I love how your've done it in a sort of box...I thought is was a bendi card at first site. Glad I came and took another look here!!! Wonderful step by step pictures too! Maybe I can get you to write up my blog post! Heehee!!
    I just love this, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowzer, Becky!! This is a gorgeous diorama!! Stunning in every way! Gorgeous coloring and design!! Thanks for showing each step and sharing with us at ODBD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so much work in this one, Becky!!! You were able to blend the sets together beautifully!!! Thanks for playing in the ODBDSLC this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Becky! oh wow, this is gorgeous...such details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Becky, this is amazing and such a work of art (and heart)! It's stunning with all the detail and dimension, and wow!! Your coloring is beautiful, and what an amazing diorama! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card has the "WOW Factor"! Beautiful :)
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Becky, this is incredible. I love how you put all the different stamps together to make your scene. Beautiful colours, wonderful card! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge. Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woohoo!! Congrats on your win at ODBD!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, this is fantastic! Love the colors on all of your gorgeous scenes and congrats on your well-deserved ODBD Challenge win!! Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us- hugs and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Magnificent; a fantastic design an color. A real keeper. BIG CONGRATULATIONS on you win at ODBD challenge
    it is just awesome. thank you for sharing how to made this wonderful project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful design, coloring and stamping. Truly inspiring and delightful to the eye! Congratulations on winning the Shining the Light award this week at ODBD. Your work is always inspiring! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Becky, I love the care you've taken to make this card. I don't think it matters one eensy bit that purple is used for this card (diorama)! I love it! Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is amazing. What a beautiful scene you created.
    Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one. Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is incredible. What a scene you created with all the dimension.
    Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one. Thanks again,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!