Friday, June 12, 2015

Sea Creatures Die Fun!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
Thought I'd pop in here & show you what I've been working on....
this will  be added to Kathy Racoosin's Coloring Challenge here:
 
 Remember, you don't have to make a card, just COLOR!
 
So, in working on my decorating the master bath, I was in need of some Sea Creature goodies in paper crafting.....I found some at Simon Says Stamp here:
 Tim Holtz's Sizzix Mini Sand & Sea Dies Movers & Shapers 659582 Item # 64403.
 
And I began to play with them, just seeing what I could do with them....
Well, I started with finding images on the net to refer to.
You can check here for Sand Dollar images:

& you can check here for Sea Horse images:
 
Do take a peak at the images, as there are many different images & colors for both!
 
Here's what I did:
Starting with Tim Holtz Dies & you can see the color of the paper I used here too.
I REALLY like this die of the Sea Horse, it's so realistic!
(I rarely go for comic looking images....)
 
Next, I used my McGill Stylus' & an embossing/piercing pad.
Putting creases where I thought they should be.
 
Here's a close-up look at the Sand Dollar.
Tim Holtz does have a star image in the sand dollar,
but I accentuated it & added more embossing to make it even more realistic.
(This is the back side of the sand dollar.
You can see where I pushed through just a bit on one of the stars' hands.)
 
Next, the Sea Horse. Can you see the lines I created?
(Again, this is the backside of the sea horse.)
 
Time to COLOR!!!!!
This was fun!
 I used SU- Going Gray Ink, sponging it on....And I also used a Picket Fence Distress Marker, along with a Frayed Burlap Distress Marker. I thought the Frayed Burlap looked too sharp, so I used a water color brush & added just a bit of water to the Frayed Burlap & it bleed out a bit, which is what I wanted.
 
Next, was this lovely Sea Horse!
 I used SU- Pumpkin Pie, sponging on color to start. Then I used my Spiced Marmalade Distress Marker to add the darker orange color in strategic places. (Don't forget to refer to those images I mentioned above.) For the darker spots I used my Frayed Burlap Distress Marker & also accentuated the embossed areas I did. Then, for highlights I used my Picket Fence Distress Marker.
Take your time & just enjoy the process when you do this, I did!
 
What do you think? Do you like these little Sea Creatures?
Seriously, I am tickled with how they came out.
 
 
These Tim Holtz "Movers & Shapers Dies" coordinate quite well with my SU- Movers & Shapers Base. So, you can make a card & punch out a shaped window & also have these dies to add to the inside of the card. If I find time, I will work on cards to use these little creatures with.
 
These little Sea Creatures will help in my decorating the master bath,
 my purpose for buying them to begin with.
I do love how you can use this craft to decorate your home too!
 
"And God called the dry land Earth; & the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: & God saw that it was good."
Gen. 1:10 KJV
"And God said let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life,"
Gen. 1:20a KJV
"And God created whales, & every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, "
Gen. 1: 21a, b, c, & d. KJV
"And God saw that it was good."
Gen. 1:21 g KJV
 
Be watching for more Sea fun in coming posts!
 
Enjoying the warm summer breezes here!
TLady
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 


4 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a remarkable job on these! I love how you colored them -- so realistic! Enjoy your decorating. I just finished doing the same for a couple of bedrooms. For those, I used my Cricut machine and vinyl. First time trying that! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This little guy will go swimmingly in your re-decorated bathroom! Wonderful decorations!
    Blessiings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The little sea horse is just super.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute and full of coloring detail. Thank you so much for participating in The 30 Day Coloring Challenge and I hope you will be up for the next one.
    Kathy/The Daily Marker

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!