Sunday, November 22, 2015

A SSS Monday Challenge- Thanks/Thanksgiving.

Hi Blog Friends!
 
I'm popping in here to show you the card I created for a dear friend of mine,
a friend of many years..
 
As you can see from the title of this post, I am entering this in the
SSS Monday Challenge- Thanks/Thanksgiving.
You can find the challenge here:
 
My dear friend always remembers our children's birthdays & I being the mother I am,
 make cards for the kids to send her a "Thank You!"
I think it VERY IMPORTANT for kids to learn to be Thankful.
To learn the art of hand writing Thank You notes.
It comes more naturally to some than to others, but it is still important for kids, no matter what age to remember to be polite enough to take the time to hand write a Thank You note for the gift they were given.
After-all, the gift-giver has take the time & thought to do something special for them.
There is nothing so disappointing than to get a "Thank You" note for a gift that is pre-printed.
No thought put into that I can assure you, except to slap a stamp on it & send it on it's way.
(I've been a recipient of one of those cards....years ago,
& I still remember how I felt when I opened the card.)
 
The art of being thankful is being lost today in our society as people are consumed with keeping up with the Jone's, getting the newest whatever, or just being envious or covetous of others.
It is actually encouraged in our society....
Children, no matter what age need to learn this lesson &
 they will also learn to be content along with being grateful!
They'll be so much more happy in learning these lessons of life.
 
Here is my card:
I used Memory Box's- Oak Leaf Die.
 
I popped it up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.
 
I first cut out the die from plain white paper & colored the leaf with Copics.
The background is also colored with Copics.
What I was creating is a leaf floating in water, with the reflection of the colored trees above in the water around the leaf floating.

Then, I die cut the "Thank You," with Penny Black's-Deco Frame.
I cut several of this & mounted them on top of each other to make them raise up above the leaf, even with being mounted up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.

I used Multi-Medium Matte to adhere the Thank Yous together.
 
I added Wink of Stella to the leaf itself, done lastly; 
matting the background & then the leaf on black card stock &
embossing a line around the image on my white card stock base with my Score-Buddy.
 
Remember to be an example of Gratefulness to your kids.
I pray our kids don't put this small jester of thankfulness aside as they get older & use gadgets to do their thanking.
Just think of the pleasure getting a letter or card in the mail brings to you.
 
MOST GRATEFUL for the near life-long friend I have,
TLady


4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, my friend! The background is fantastic! I love the leaf and the "thank you"!
    Have a wonderful week! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and all my favorite colors! Have a wonderful, lovely Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is so fabulous. Love the beautiful colors! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my goodness is this a gorgeous card or what!! Sorry for the delay in this comment, have been following through Feedly and was just backlogging and realised I forgot to comment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!