Thursday, November 26, 2015

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Hi Blog Friends!

First of all, let me tell you SSS-Monday Challenge Blog has extended their deadline for the
Thanks/Thanksgiving Challenge.
You can find it here:
http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/?p=3297#comments
I will be entering my card in this challenge.
HOPE to see you there!
 

Life has taken over here & I have been just enjoying life away from this machine.
Lots going on....  
But, I did  want to pop in here & tell you
"HAPPY THANKSGIVING!"
 
We have MUCH to be thankful for here.
Our children home from school, "parents" to 24 pairs of new little feet
(Yes, we lost one pair :(  Will share more on that at a later date),  four sweet fuzzy kitties,
our sweet dog (a stray we took in years back) is home from the vet after being quite ill,
we have each other,
 & a roof over our heads.
God is SOOO GOOD!
 
I'm sharing a card I made recently for my hubby's birthday.
It reminds me of the first Thanksgiving.
No, no Pilgrims & Indians. LOL
My hubby enjoys the great outdoors & the magnificent animals in it, so this fits him.
(He does have some Indian in his heritage,
so that explains only part of his love & respect
 for the outdoors & the creatures there.)
 
 
Take a look:
I used Serendipity's Stamp- Buck for the main image.
 
You can see, I cut him out & popped him up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape.
 
Here's a closer look. I even popped his tail up! It seemed to fade out without doing so.
 
For the leaves, I used Memory Box's-Oak Leaf Die on watercolor paper.
I used my McGill Stylus Set to shape them.
Also adding stitch marks around the edges with a Faber-Castell Gold Pitt Artist Pen 250**,
& a dash of Wink of Stella.
The acorns are from SU- Touch of Nature.
 
 
 
The background is done on watercolor paper & freely painted.
 
The buck, trees & grass in the forefront are done in Dick Blick Colored Pencils.
 
The frame for my image is done with Impression Obsessions- All-In-One Frames Rectangles 2 Die.
I did the sides & top & bottom in different colors.
I also cut the frame down to fit my image.
 
Hope you like!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving with full & grateful hearts for the blessings God has given us
individually, as families, & as a Nation.
Do tell, what are you Grateful for?
 
MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU,
TLady
 
Supplies not mentioned above:
SU-Watercolor Crayons
Paper-SSS, Paper Studio & Watercolor Paper
Jute Twine
Glue Dots
Multi-Medium Matte
Distress Ink
 
 
 
 


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful piece. The scenery is stunning. Love the deer. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool project....I thought maybe you were not blogging anymore. I never see you come visit me ???

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice that you had a wonderful holiday. And a lovely card to go with it.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Becky. Thanks for stopping in to my blog today. I answered you over there but I thought I'd stop over and say hello as well. Love that deer card. I'm going through a deer phase right now. I'm loving them on graphics, cards, and everywhere I see them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!