Saturday, January 16, 2016

BE MINE VALENTINE?

Hi Blog Friends!
I thought I'd pop in here & show you what I've been working on...
I feel a little rusty, since I haven't posted for awhile. LOL
You should know of a challenge over at
Artistic Outpost!
It's their January Challenge:
 Show us your AO Art!
(No theme this month- Anything Goes with AO Stamps!)
You can check here for all the details:
 I LOOOOOVE their Vintage Images....
I ADORE the Valentines images & that would be the set,
 CUTIE PIE!
Here's one of the cards I've made so far....
I colored her in with Prisma Color Markers.
I traced a tag for my image since I don't have a die this size.

I used the sketch from SCS- SC573

WHAT A SWEEEET IMAGE!

Look at all that SPARKLE!
I used 1/8" double sided tape (Score Tape), found on Amazon & Red Reactive Foil,
with my Mini Minc Machine.
(Santa was good to me this year! ;) )
                                             I used the Minc for the stripes & the hearts.
The hearts were foiled on Toner Paper & then die cut,
 using SU- Mini Treat Bag (hearts).

For the inside:
I used one of the sentiments that comes with the set, Cutie Pie.
I also did a strip of foil inside.

My ribbon is from Ellen Hutson.
Satin Ribbon is always nice for Valentines!

So, what do you think?
I DO ADORE Vintage, & Vintage Valentines
are PROBABLY my MOST FAVORITE of ALL cards to make!
I think it's because it just takes you back to a simpler time.....
(Seriously, we NEED more companies to make more of these classic images!)
I DO HOPE you like & find the time to join us over at Artistic Outpost!

Floating on hearts here!
TLady

***UPDATE: This card won the AO January Challenge***
****UPDATE: This card was chosen "Favorites" on SCS for the week ending Jan. 24th****

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- 1/4" & 1/2" Hand Held Punch
Multi-Medium Matte
Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape
Glue Dots
Misti
Tim Holtz Distress Inks- Antique Linen & Tea Dye


4 comments:

  1. This is an adorable card! The shiny foil really pops as does the wide ribbon. You did a great job :))
    Blessings!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card! It's just beautiful. Love the old-timey, vintage designs! That ribbon is the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Becky, I also love vintage Valentine's and remember them when I was a kid! (Well, not that vintagey, hehe!). But I love your card for the sketch challenge, and what a cutie pie she is with the beautiful paper and lovely ribbon! Gorgeous! Have a wonderful rest of the weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vintage is great and I love this! So cute - what a lovely card for Valentine's! Hope you had a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!