Tuesday, January 19, 2016

For My Sweet Boy!

Hi Blog Friends!
 
 
Back again with another Valentines for you, & for the
 Artistic Outpost January Challenge!
You can find all the details here:
As you know from my previous post, I ADORE VINTAGE VALENTINES so,
here we go.....
 
This is another image from the set,
CUTIE PIE!
 
I used the sketch SC570 from SCS:
Of course, taking some liberties to make it mine.....;)
 
I used a SU- Scalloped Edge Punch for the scalloped matting,
Everyday Echo Park Designer paper & Prisma Color Markers for coloring.
 
The little circular words are by Red Lead- Story Stamp Valentines Words.
(I do like to mix my stamps to get what I want! ;) )
I stamped them & then used a Zig Embossing Writer & then 
Stamp-N-Stuff- Red Tinsel Embossing Powder.
 
The doily die is by ODB-Doily. & look at that SPARKLE!
(Even boy cards need it sometimes, especially on Valentines!!!! ;) )
 I used my Mini Minc & this time I used a Toner Pen for the edge of the designer paper.
 
Just a little review of the Mini Minc:
(I don't really care for how the ink flows from the pen, or doesn't flow from it, I should say.
 I think they dry out quickly!
I think they should come out with a finer point  for these pens also & try to improve on them for those that don't have a Jet Ink Printer like me. They aren't as easy to work with as you might think. I tried to stamp the little hearts with the Toner pen, but it just seemed to blob--it's sticky,  & I couldn't get a good image of a solid heart. So, I went to the Toner Paper & foiled that & die cut it with a 
SU- Mini Treat Bag (Hearts) Die.  You can't see my boo-boo's for them! ;)
 Don't get me wrong,
I DO LOVE my Mini Minc!!!! ;)  PERFECT for Valentines!!!)
 
Here is the inside:
Just one of the sentiments from the set, Cutie Pie.
 This sentiment is word by word & can be placed on the Misti & then stamped for perfect placement, which is what I did.
 
So, what do you think?
Are you ready for Valentines yet?
Still working on it?
HOPE this inspires you &
 HOPE to see you over at Artistic Outpost!
 
Thankful for my Sweet Boy!
TLady
 
P.S. I have more to show you using the Mini Minc!
 
Supplies not mentioned above:
Spellbinders-Classic Ovals
Distress Ink- Antique Linen & Tea Dye
Score-buddy
Heidi swap- Red Reactive Foil.
SU- Marker
Glue Dots
Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape
 
 
 
 


6 comments:

  1. Hi Becky. Just stopping in to say hello. Love your Vintage looking valentine cards you've been making. Have a lovely day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, another cute vintage Valentine's day card. This is adorable for a little fella. What a sweetie, and I love the what you have the sentiments. I love it! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card! I love the vintage vibe.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable! I also love the vintage image, That is just so darned cute!!! Thanks for the sweet comments about my Father, it means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree the vintage cards are wonderful - so cute and sweet! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely vintage Valentine! It's great!
    Hope your year is off to a great start! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!