Sunday, February 7, 2016

BEST OF FRIENDS!

Hi Blog Friends!

I planned to get here earlier to show you my third Valentine,
but my computer crashed &
I'm still learning things about my new system....
But, I did want you to see this third Valentine.
I have another Valentine for you today from
Artistic Outpost!
(Of course, it's VINTAGE!) ;)
Artistic Outposts February Challenge:
Show us your AO art!
(No theme-Anything goes using AO stamps)
You can find out more here:
This was the image that made me want to buy the set,
CUTIE PIE!
I didn't have a sketch to work with, with this one.
The image is large enough to stand on it's own.
My card came out to be 6 1/2" x 4 1/4".
I colored the image with Prisma Color Markers &
 distressed the paper with Distress Ink- Antique Linen & Tea Dye.
I also used the Spellbinders Die- Majestic Elements,
placing it in my Misti to stamp, for perfect placement!
A little review of the Misti:
I LOVE IT! ;)
NOTICE: The foiled hearts?
I was able to use the Toner Pen successfully here to color in the hearts & then foil them with the Reactive Red Foil & Mini Minc.
( I did this piece before my other Valentines cards so the pen was flowing more freely. I've discovered it is best to leave the pen in a pencil holder, point down.)

I did notice a You Tube Video from CHA,
 on the new things from Heidi Swapp & her Minc Machine.....
Let me just say, I am LOVING the new things she's come out with!
I can't remember where I saw it now, & I've looked for it without results. 
I saw it just before the crash & now can't find it for you, so I am sorry for that. 
I know you would love to see all the new things for the Minc Machine if you haven't already seen them.
There is a paint & a spray & many other goodies!!!!

Anyway, back to my card..... 
I used Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape to raise the image just a little for dimension.
The smaller black frame I used is not a die, but my own self-made frame for the piece.
Not hard to do, just trace around the piece you want to matte.

Here is the inside:
I used one of the sentiments that came with the set, Cutie Pie.
This sentiment, is one piece- as you see it.

So what do you think?
Did I tell you?
 I LOOOOVE VINTAGE VALENTINES!!! LOL

I'll also be entering this card in:
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog
The challenge this week?
Have a Heart
You can find out more about this challenge here:

HAPPY VALENTINES EVERYONE!
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
SU- Corner Punch
Score-Buddy
Satin Ribbon
Glue Dots
XOXO- from my craft stash
(Sorry can't remember the company)
Multi-Medium Matte
 Papers- SU, Paper Studio & Reflections.
Ribbon


7 comments:

  1. Adorable card! Love that sweet image!! Wonderful coloring!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Becky, what a sweet vintage Valentine card! I love this cutie pie! Hugs, sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your cards, Becky! There are so many details :) This one is beautiful and the vintage paper is so sweet (the little dog is cute too)! I'm amazed by your designs and attention to detail :)
    Blessings!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. A darling card. I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous vintage Valentine, my friend! I really like this style of card!
    Have a beautiful day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking of you and hope you are well. This is a lovely card - hope it was a wonderful Valentine's Day for you and yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!