Monday, March 7, 2016

SIMON SAYS: Touchy Feely!

Hi Blog Friends!

I'm here today playing along in
 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
Simon Says:
"Touchy Feely"
Add texture to you creations!
You can find out more about this challenge here:
Well, I am working on Easter things here, & I received a package in the mail on Saturday of my win from Simon Says Stamp! 
EXCITING!
That little package included THREE DIES! 
Well, the one that stole my heart is the little 
Plush Carrot Bunny!
Take a peek at the dies for this little guy:
I can tell you now, this little bunny is going to be used A LOT by me!
The dies come on a little magnet, so you don't loose the little pieces. 
(I think I need to buy some magnets for my other dies now!)
What a SUPER IDEA! :D
So, I went about playing.....I decided to make little pins with this little bunny!
Here is the first bunny I made:
I used a craft embroidery thread; it is a little thicker & I wasn't sure I liked the outcome of using it--not bad, but just not sure....
I made a little ATC to attach the pin to.
 
So of course, I tried again with regular embroidery floss.....
 I liked how this little bunny came out with the regular embroidery floss. 
So of course, I made some MORE!
This time I changed it up a bit & made a little girl bunny! ;)
I used IO- Tiny Flowers Die & did French Knots for the centers
 & just whip stitched the bow on her ear.
NOTICE: I used a Guava Gelato for the pink cheeks on all of my bunnies! 
(Rub a little on, knocking or blowing away the chunks you might get, & smear it in with the back of your thumb nail.)

I was HOOKED, so OF COURSE, I made more!



TOO FUN!!!

I showed my husband the dies that had come in the mail & he gave me an idea.....
(Have to give credit where credit is due!) LOL
This is what he came up with:
(I just did the making of this cutie!)
Just leave off the ears..... & of course, do this little Gingerbread Man in the right color felt,
 & add the right accents----
French Knots for the eyes & buttons, & a straight stitch for the mouth & Baby Rick Rack.

Now all of these little cuties together:
Here these little guys look like they want to eat the Gingerbread Man! LOL
I mean a pack of bunnies can do a lot of damage...
It makes me think of the year we TRIED to plant a lettuce bed...
we woke up & we had a HERD of bunnies having a party!
So much for the lettuce bed! LOL

HOPE you like these soft little bunnies!
I think you might even be able to come up with even more ideas for using this SWEET little die!

Here Comes Peter Cotton Tail.....
TLady

Supplies not mentioned above:
* Liquid Stitch
* 100% Cotton Batting-Shredded
(I couldn't find my Poly-Fiber Fill!)
* Pin jewelry back
* Hot Glue Gun
* Papers- SU, Paper Studio Country Road, 
DCWV- Spring Fling & Summer Days & Paper Studio- Old World Winter. 
* Kelly Purkey- (Simon Exclusive) "Joy" Stamps
* SSS- Heartfelt Notes-SSS101495 Stamps
* Fiskars Hole Punch-1/8"
* Fiskars Self Healing Craft Mat
* SU- Corner Punch


 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hello there, Becky! These are so super CUTE!! I love what you've made! :o)
    Did you get my email? Or have you changed your address because it bounced back to me!
    Please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SUPER BUNNIES! I love their cute little pink cheeks. Great job with all that sewing -- I don't have the patience!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becky these are adorable! So sweet and beautifully made, I love Simon's die that you've used and a big pat on the back for your hubby too, brilliant idea to also make little gingerbread men :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!