Monday, March 7, 2016

SSS- Touchy Feely once again! ;)

Hi Blog Friends!
SURPRISE!
 Back again, with another project for the
 Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!
The challenge?
"Touchy Feely"
(Add texture to you creation/card.)
You can find more information here:

So, I pulled out another one of the dies I received & this time I pulled out the 
PLUSH DAISY DIE!
I couldn't find any "inspiration" on how to use this die, so just maybe I can offer you some?
Here's what I did:
I die cut two of these daisies & embroidered one here, following the holes that were provided. You can see the difference between one embroidered & one that isn't embroidered yet here.
Both are embroidered here. I found that the stitching gave these little felt flowers more body.
 I also used Craft Embroidery Thread as it is a little thicker.
Remember to not pull your threads too tight.
 Here I stacked the daisy petals & added the yellow center & stuffed a little cotton batting behind it for dimension. I also stitched French Knots all over it in two different colors of yellow for added depth & added interest. 

Next, I cut one of the daisies in green for leaves & embroidered half of the leaves in a different direction than I did the flower petals & cut the piece in half, leaving a little point to help adhere this to the back of the Daisy.

I cut an extra yellow circle from the set to cover all the stitching on the back of the daisy & to give my pin a base.
(They say you can tell a good embroiderer when you flip the piece over & the stitching on the back is a nice as the front. Well, as you can see, I'm not an expert! LOL I just do my best!) ;)

Using a hot glue gun, I attached the green leaves & then the yellow circle & then the pin  backing.

Here's what we have now. 

Next, I created a card for my pin to be attached to.
I wanted to keep it fairly simple since the pin is the highlight of the card.

The center piece is 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" popped up on Scotch Perm. Mounting Tape, 
so you can pin on the flower more easily.
 This is mounted on a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" base card.

Here I lined up the 1/8" holes I made with a Fiskars Hole Punch. 
Don't make these holes too far apart or you'll have trouble pinning the flower to it. 
I usually make marks with a pencil to line up the holes. 
(You can slightly see my marks if you look close.)

Here is the finished card. 

So, what do you think?
This card has LOADS OF TEXTURE!!! 
And LOADS of Sunshine to make the recipient SMILE!

I thought this flower would look lovely on a Spring sweater. 
Take a look:
There's just something about a white & yellow daisy on a blue sweater, don't you think?
The blue sweater just seems to bring out all the little stitches!
You could put this on a hat or on a purse, or tote bag....the possibilities are endless!
I think if you die cut material & added Therm O Web HeatnBond Iron On Adhesive, you could add flowers to a pillow or whatever your heart desires! 

Dreaming of Spring flowers here & enjoying the NEW Plush Dies at SSS!
TLADY
"Thank you Simon!!!!"

Additional Supplies used not mentioned above:
*IO- Instant Photo Frame #DIE175-W ("Smile")
*Paper- Paper Studio & DCWV
*Multi-Medium Matte
*Fiskars- 1/8" Hole Punch
*Fiskars- Self Healing Mat












6 comments:

  1. WOW! the flower is GORGEOUS! Thanks for playing along Simon Says Stamp Touchy Feely Challenge :)
    Gayatri xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This flower is so pretty! LOVE it on the blue sweater! Great job with your embroidering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card, your image is lovely with super colours.......your flower is adorable and beautifully coloured and die-cutting and super details!!

    hugs
    Heather xx
    Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being able to use the flower as a pin is so creative! I love the pretty Spring colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful project and it made me smile! Hope you are well - and hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by, I enjoy hearing from you & hope to see you again soon!